My new ride(in Progress)

TELFORD

its a work in progress
So I picked up this 89 wrangler bone stock, and running pretty, rough, in fact so rough it had a hard time running up the ramps. The seats were broke, the inside was a mess, and the carb was in very BAD shape. Wildkid and I picked it up a few months back, and have started working on it as of late. I am trying to get it mobile by EJS, lots left todo, but I am going to die trying. I really just plan on a mild, but capable trail rig, but still street legal. I did a carb rebuild and then We did the rear spring over a few weeks back, useing yj leafs. The rear axel is a 14 bolt with a disc brake conversion, 4:10 gears. For the moment it will remain open untill I make up my mind on the gears, and what not. I completed the sye kit over the weekend, and will do a 4 to 1 kit down the road. The front is a Dana 60 from a Dodge. again its open with 4:10s. I am going to run Sway-away air shocks up front, with a 3 link, I will be running Hummer wheels(74.5" outside to outside tire) with 36 tires. As always this is just the begining, but It will get me wheeling again.

Attachments

• front pass.JPG
    front pass.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 15
  • yjproject qtr.JPG
    yjproject qtr.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 17
  • yjproject 60 1.JPG
    yjproject 60 1.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

TELFORD

its a work in progress
a few more of the front awaiting links, hoops, and shocks

Attachments

• yjproject 60 2.JPG
    yjproject 60 2.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 13
  • yjproject 60 4.JPG
    yjproject 60 4.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 15

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
maybe i'm not too familiar on dodge axles but aren't they all pass. side drop? did you retube it, and if so how much work/$$ did that take.

Caleb

Brad Yates said:
maybe i'm not too familiar on dodge axles but aren't they all pass. side drop? did you retube it, and if so how much work/$$ did that take.
no, newer dodges are driver side...don't know exact years but I believe sometime early to mid 90s (maybe even late 80s) they switched.

Meat_

Banned
Brett said:
I am pretty sure that even the last body style had drivers side drop
You mean late 80's to 93? They may have changed it when they started putting the Cummins in..... but they were leaf sprung 60's before 94

TELFORD

its a work in progress
from what I've been told, they switched to driver drop in 94. but then again I've beemn given bad information before, but I am almost 100% sure it was when they came out with the new body style in 94.

Brad-

When I checked severel months back on retubeing it was anywhere from 150.00 to 250.00..........................................................

MattL

Looks good.
Question,
Can you post a picture of the side with the tire sticking out? I would like to see how much is actually sticking out side of the body. That looks sharp. What kind of fender flares are you going to use?

TELFORD

its a work in progress
MattL said:
Looks good.
Question,
Can you post a picture of the side with the tire sticking out? I would like to see how much is actually sticking out side of the body. That looks sharp. What kind of fender flares are you going to use?

the tire will end up about 3/4 of the way outside the fenders. I am going to run stock TJ fenders front and rear, with some type of a "flatfender" up front. I will get a pic tonight of the rear. I would like it to be a little wider, so I will end up probably with some spacers to push it out another inch or two.