My other Love....Fly Fishing

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
You may already know this but when the salmon are all red they are getting ready to die, and unless you catch them outside of spawning season, they can be a little bit mushy to eat. They have also stopped eating so they only strike out of aggression.

This was up at Gooseberry 6 weeks ago where they have never stocked Kokanee, the DWR office in Price said that there is a chance the fish jumped pools in the hatchery and got stocked by accident, he jokingly said that "it must be one lonely salmon up there with all those trout". I prefer to eat trout over the fire, but a nice broiled salmon fillet on the grill is tough to beat.

I will harvest some worms this week but also had good luck with the garlic cheese powerbait last time out, landed my biggest fish of the day on it. You know it's powerful stuff when a mature rainbow hits it in broad daylight looking right up at you.

jdub

Scrambler
Some pics of my summer around Provo

All of these pics are from Utah county. Hobble Creek, Diamond Fork, Fifths, Provo, South Fork. I love Utah county for the diverse fly fishing water.

Attachments

• DFish.jpg
    DFish.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 0615111959.jpg
    0615111959.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 0712111809.jpg
    0712111809.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 0623111116.jpg
    0623111116.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 0727112039.jpg
    0727112039.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 11

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Heading out this weekend, hope we don't come back with a cold. That picture with his head out of the water reminds me of this one small rainbow that sat in the water for a good 3 minutes just staring at me after I let him go, had to nudge him with the tip of my rod to get him to stop staring at me, even had weird dreams about it afterward.