My ten year run has come to an end.

Green Leader

So I was crusing along to work this morning. Kind of in that hypnotical drive still kind of tired mode. when I got pulled over. The Officer was very nice and polite and says "I'm sure you know why I pulled you over". I looked at him and said " Honestly Sir I don't" He tells me that I was going 15 over the speed limit. To my surprise I said ok and handed my information. During this whole time though I was very paranoid, I am driving my jeep and I don't have my mud flaps on so I thought I was screwed here. If he notices this what else will he notice is what is racing through my head. So he goes back to his cruiser and i swear he is in it forever then suddenly he backs up like 15 ft or so stops and continues what he is doing. Well then he pulls forward again, gets out and comes over, hands me a sitation and asks me to sign. So as I am signing he says he only sited me 9 over and compliments my jeep says have a better day and walks off. Did say or maybe even notice my lack of flaps or anything else. Even though I ended up with a sitation for 9 over instead of 15 that sucks, it still was probably the nicest and best experience I have ever had with being pulled over.

Anyway what a way to start the day right.

CJJ92yj

It's actually refreshing to see an "I got a ticket" thread without the original poster citing he knew he was in the wrong but felt he didn't deserve it for whatever various reason. :rofl:

Sucks about the ticket, but sounds like your attitude is in the right place being grateful you got off as easy as you did.

Green Leader

It's actually refreshing to see an "I got a ticket" thread without the original poster citing he knew he was in the wrong but felt he didn't deserve it for whatever various reason. :rofl:

Sucks about the ticket, but sounds like your attitude is in the right place being grateful you got off as easy as you did.

Yeah things could have been worse and when you speed you speed that's it and when your caught your caught. I have a hard time believing they are wrong very often.

I do have to say that I love it when someone is mad that they got pulled over for breaking the law and expect to not get a ticket.:rofl:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
by not giving you the full ticket he saved you from the insurance raping... insurance companies do nothing if the ticket is 9 and under... but 10 and over your nailed to the wall...

I got off lucky the other day as well in Layton... same as you I was in the morning not paying attention mode and rolled thru a stop sign... cop was 100 feet away sitting... he gave me a warning on the stop sign but a fix it ticket for one of my brake lights being out... My zj was up for inspections so I fixed all the lights before inspection....

When I went in to pay the fix it ticket they asked me if I had got the inspection done cause if I could prove it they would knock $10 off my ticket which was $47....

Green Leader

The Officer had said that if he dropped it to 9 then it wouldn't be such a big deal. My hope is to just go attend a traffic class and be done with it. You gotta love havin a little bit of luck and it sounds like you did.