My truck....finally one color?!?!?!?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
OK, a few folks have been asking about how the Toyota turned out after my 2 week painting project. Heres a few pics to please the masses till you all see it in person.

The paint is Zolatone, it will expand 300% of its sprayed on size. If you get a dent, it won't crack and flaking off, like normal paint would. Trust me on this one, I tried it! I pounded a large dent back out and all that was left were scratches from the rock!

newpaint1.jpg
newpaint3.jpg

Heres a closeup of the hood & fender. The paint is Fleck, so it has about 4 diffrent colors that make the whole appearance. The base color is Tan with flecks of brown, black, grey, etc.

newpaint4.jpg

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I got to see it over the weekend, and it's damn sweet! I can't think of a better paint for a trail or competition rig. I don't think I'd paint "carnage prone" tubing with the stuff, but it's perfect for body panels. Nice job Greg!

toyota crawlin

Originally posted by Vonski
I got to see it over the weekend, and it's damn sweet! I can't think of a better paint for a trail or competition rig. I don't think I'd paint "carnage prone" tubing with the stuff, but it's perfect for body panels. Nice job Greg!

Vonski time to change the baby blue to some real paint. The blue is too flashy!:eek: :eek: :p

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Skyetone
your truck has always been one color. this is multi-color

Thats multi-color??????? :confused: Where I come from its called FUGLY!!! :D :p
You're right, mine wasn't THAT BAD!!

Spence-
Zolatone comes in about 10-15 diffrent colors. I have had a part in about 4 rigs being painted with it, Camo Green (My old CJ), Granite Grey, Camo Tan (My truck), and a gross blue, which I suggested the product, not the color. There are a few bitchen colors. Call around the local paint stores and see if anyone deals with it, they will usually have a display with a pamphlet showing all the colors. My CJ had the best matching color, considering the rig.....

(PS, the CJ is currently for sale! Go to-My old CJ For More info)

newcjpainted.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
how does that paint compare to most common brands of bed liner?!? i know it has a much smoother finish and is a little more gentle on the skin but how is price and application compare?!?

herculiner? duplicolor? rhinoliner?

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by toyota crawlin

Vonski time to change the baby blue to some real paint. The blue is too flashy!:eek: :eek: :p

I like the blue, it's one of the nicer looking competition rigs I've seen. And you don't see that often.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by spencurai
how does that paint compare to most common brands of bed liner?!? i know it has a much smoother finish and is a little more gentle on the skin but how is price and application compare?!?

Most body shops use it for rocker panels, so they don't chip as easy. It goes on really easy, and it's fairly cheap

Greg

Admin

Theres not much of a comparison. Those products are more rubber-based, while Zolatone is more paint-like. Price is about what you would pay for good paint. You have to buy the matching Primer and Clear, so its a matched set. You spray it with a HVLP Gun. I sprayed it in the garage, since theres so much texture/particles in the paint, its really hard to tell if any crud got into the paint! Plus, I think it really looks better on sheetmetal compared to a Rhino-lined rig.....

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by toyota crawlin

The plan is for new paint, but the color has been undetermined as of yet. I'm working hard to get bigger sponsors, and that may determine the color. Hell, if Mary Kay gave me enough money I'd paint it pink. :D

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Andy

I like the blue, it's one of the nicer looking competition rigs I've seen. And you don't see that often.

Thanks man. Unfortunately, pickups don't look good yellow like Broncos and Jeeps.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i agree the yellow just wont do. now that mary kay midnight passion pink is something special :D :D

Thanks man. Unfortunately, pickups don't look good yellow like Broncos and Jeeps.
:D :D

toyota crawlin

The plan is for new paint, but the color has been undetermined as of yet. I'm working hard to get bigger sponsors, and that may determine the color. Hell, if Mary Kay gave me enough money I'd paint it pink. :D

Von your truck looks sweet the blue color I was just trying to give ya some crapp.. At least you dont have to repaint after some tard touches it with greasey hands! :eek:

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Skyetone
YEA!!! Whats wrong with blue?? It's not "FUGLY" Is the paint a spray can or spray gun deal?

I agree with Toyota Crawlin, nothing wrong with blue. The Blue color I was referring to was the Zolatone blue someone else sprayed on their rig. It was like a 'Baby Blue' thing...... YEEESH!!! Your truck looks great now Skye.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
i agree the yellow just wont do. now that mary kay midnight passion pink is something special :D :D

How do you know so much about womens cosmetics? Is there something we may want to know about? or not?
:D :D