My wife needs a kidney, anyone?

JoeT

Badcop said:
I went down yesterday, and bad news for me, due to the last surgery and the upcoming couple, I was told by my neuro surgeon that I am not a donor of anything for atleast 10yrs due to the prosthetics installed....

Sorry, Joe, I hope you find someone.
Hey no problem and thanks for trying. Good luck with your surgeries.

JoeT

OK looks like she's back on the list. You do need to be O+ blood type. We almost had a kidney yesterday through a best friend of mine. Her cousin passed away and they reserved a kidney for Angie, but he's Type A (A1).

JoeT

CALL PAM GRANT 581-2140She's a more direct contact person on this case, actually the social worker.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
wow, good news. I just found out that an old friend is looking for a kidney as well. They are currently looking for donors. What type of things do they look for to tell if there is a compatiability. I assume blood type, but are there other factors? I know one guy was rejected because he was in England and the mad cow scare filtered him out.

One thing I learned because of this friend. The average kidney recipient in the US waits 3 years. In Utah that average is 2 years, and the living donor program here often accelerates that process (as in the example with your wife). Good luck to all!

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
That is great news Joe! Good luck with the surgery and I am sure your girl will pull through AWESOME!!!
We are all cheering for her!

:D