Name this place....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Here's a tough one... yep, a trail goes up to here. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 9-03-015.jpg
    9-03-015.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 77

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
And another tough one... Hint: access to the trail in this area was closed and become 'Wilderness Study Area' March 1st, 2003. Just days after this photo was taken. :mad2:

I believe we should fight for our access back to this area, as it has been there for generations even though it is not a well known trail.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 74

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Herzog said:
And another tough one... Hint: access to the trail in this area was closed and become 'Wilderness Study Area' March 1st, 2003. Just days after this photo was taken. :mad2:

I believe we should fight for our access back to this area, as it has been there for generations even though it is not a well known trail.

attachment.php

Since nobody has attempted, I'll answer this one: This area / trail is called June's Bottom. Accessed by public roads in the Green River area. This trail used to be traversed in an old Ford Model T by the people who used to live down at the bottom. There are still many old artifacts in the area including a partial structure of what used to be a house. Very beautiful area... The trail itself is nearly 7 decades old.

More information:
http://www.4x4now.com/trutjb.htm

and

http://www.highway-robbery.org/lands/utah8.htm

78mitsu

Herzog said:
Yep, but the 'bookcliffs' stretch for miles and miles...

Is that the trail that goes up the s. side of Bruin? I drove a sno cat up bruin over the winter it was pretty cool, about the same view.

Geepfreak

I'm here.
Herzog said:
Here's a tough one... yep, a trail goes up to here. :)

attachment.php

Beckwith Plateau, east of Woodside..

And I agree with Junes Bottom, Would love to see it re-opened,did that trail twice, once with friends in 2001, the last time was with the Marsing family, and AYL film crew.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Geepfreak said:
Beckwith Plateau, east of Woodside..

And I agree with Junes Bottom, Would love to see it re-opened,did that trail twice, once with friends in 2001, the last time was with the Marsing family, and AYL film crew.

You got it! :cool:

I would love to see it open again too. There is absolutely no reason it should be closed. There was no damage to anything including what little vegetation was in the area. Most of the trail is sandstone until you start down toward the river.