Nate's 1995 Tacoma

Day I bought it:
6158101412_827163ded0_b.jpg

Owners Name & Location:
Nate, Northern Utah County

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle:
1995 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab (121.9 in wheelbase)

Engine:
3.4 L 5VZ-FE V6 (190 hp, 220 lb·ft)

Transmission:
4 Speed Automatic

T-Case:
Stock

Axles:
Front: Stock IFS, 4:10 ratio, open diff..
Rear: Stock solid, 4:10 ratio, Detroit.

Suspension:
3" body lift, 1" coil spacer and shackle lift

Wheels and Tires:
33x12.5R15 Toyo M/T (I prefer BFG KM2, but this is what came on it).

Armor:
Fabricated front, rear, sliders, and skid.

Winch:
None

Favorite Trails:
Pending

Other:
Purchased 14 September 2011 as my winter daily driver, camping, and play vehicle. I had built a pretty F150, but sold it when I thought I was going to get married. Big mistake. Now I just need a cheap, reliable 4WD vehicle.

If anyone knows anything of this Taco's history, please let me know.

Initial shakedown run:
6158101248_247d963385_b.jpg

6157556787_502f7f48d2_b.jpg

I learned I'll definitely want to remove that front sway bar, and I think the rear shocks and their mounts could be sorted out better. Overall, I'm very happy with this truck. Drives down the highway straight, motor purrs, heat/air/defrost, and auxiliary audio input. I really don't have to do much.

I need this truck because my summer car is not winter capable and hasn't seen road salt yet:
6042231179_afed3689ee_b.jpg

And this is my old truck. I miss it, want it back, even if it was too pretty to wheel hard:
08Aug272.jpg

So anyone know where this Tacoma came from? I'll keep this thread updated as it changes.

sixstringsteve

wow, that old f150 was gorgeous. Tacomas are great rigs, I'm sure it'll last you a very long time. If it has over 120k, I'd get the ball joints looked at. Mine exploded at 200k and did $8k worth of damage.

sixstringsteve

also talk to Kurt at cruiseroutfitters. He carries Old Man Emu lifts, and that's what I'd run if I were lifting a tacoma.

Most of us here assume you want to take it offroad and do some rockcrawling with it.

Revenant

wow, that old f150 was gorgeous. Tacomas are great rigs, I'm sure it'll last you a very long time. If it has over 120k, I'd get the ball joints looked at. Mine exploded at 200k and did $8k worth of damage.

I saw a Tacoma with exploded ball joints (tire stuffed in fender) just last month. I will replace mine. Thanks for the valuable warning.

also talk to Kurt at cruiseroutfitters. He carries Old Man Emu lifts, and that's what I'd run if I were lifting a tacoma.

Most of us here assume you want to take it offroad and do some rockcrawling with it.

I've done a little with it thus far. I did American Fork's Forest Lake just before things got too cold. I did very well. I definitely open to doing some trail runs with RME once it's warmer.

[video=youtube;DMayNgHim_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMayNgHim_g[/video]

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
nice taco) you live right by the af cemetery, don't u? (I live right by Toyota rockhead )
my daily diver is a 95 taco, my truggy is a 92 ex-cab