National park fee's

RogueJeepr

Here!
$70 a vehicle. Insane.
Last year I decided not to renew my NP pass simply because im not giving the government any more of my money if I dont have to.

Maybe they should charge the foreigners more who overrun the areas.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
This is only for peak seasons and for a few parks. But your annual pass at capitol reef, support the small guy, no changes in fees.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I personally think they should lower them to attract more people. If the parks are too expensive, then people will start looking elsewhere and start overrunning the more tranquil areas nearby.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Supply and Demand. Demand is obviously very high. Zion is considering a reservations system to even visit the park. The extra fees will deter some people from even showing up but also put some extra money into the parks that is hopefully well spent and the people that visit during the "off-season" can enjoy the improved amenities.

RogueJeepr

Here!
A few years ago while camping in Arches the camp host was telling me the "Asians" (his words, not mine) like to show up in the middle of the night in the 12pass vans and spend the night, leave really early in the morning and NOT pay for the site.

He has a bell dinger thing like gas stations had and he's right there before your out of your vehicle.
I've seen this above Zions and people leave the place a mess.

I'd like to visit arches/zions again one day, just exploring other stuff for awhile. Maybe a senior pass.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
A few years ago while camping in Arches the camp host was telling me the "Asians" (his words, not mine) like to show up in the middle of the night in the 12pass vans and spend the night, leave really early in the morning and NOT pay for the site.

Maybe not the "Asians" part... but this is pretty common practice. The few times a year when we do stay in a campground that has a "use fee" there is ALWAYS 1 or 2 cars that show up after 10pm and are gone by 7 in order to avoid paying for the site. We did have rangers roll in at 5:30am one time and catch a large group.... it was entertaining.