National "REAL" ID

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
good gawd....you people are overly paranoid. Most nations in europe and asia have these. We NEED a national ID to put tabs on our illegal immigration problems. NO ID, NO JOB!!

I am sick and tired of the social security card being used as ID. There is no reason at all in the world NOT to have a national ID card. we have passports, social security cards, drivers licenses, job IDs....WAY too much crap for my tastes. If I could have one card that contained provisions for my debit card and ID with a necessary fingerprint to use it, that would be the end all.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
James K said:
not paranoid :rolleyes: :p

granted it would simplify things. but still seems a little overboard.

think of how insecure your credit card is. I can steal your credit card, look at the signature on the back and use it most places in the USA with no ID whatsoever.

I ran security in a social security office and I know all the loopholes to get a counterfit SS card. People do it and get away with it and steal your identity. You go to the health department and provide a SS card and you have a birth certificate certified copy. With an SS card and a Birth Certificate and some other MISC documents you can easily steal, you can take over a person's life. There are so many loopholes for ID that need to be closed and I personally do not feel my identity is rock solid safe...can you ??

With a nationalized ID card, it becomes the one and only ID. Less loopholes, and you have the ability to Re-verify every person's legality in this country. We can slowl but surely eliminate a lot of loose ends and pull up our pants as far as national security goes. We have some freedoms of pseudo anonymity in this country that we think we need to hold on to. Your identity and your life becomes more secure.

If you have nothing to hide, what the hell do you care if someone tracks our every move? Get out your Aluminum foil hats you conspiracy theorists because your life is about to get really boring.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
spencurai said:
If you have nothing to hide, what the hell do you care if someone tracks our every move?

I don't want to live in a world like Orwells 84 or Minority Report whether I have something to hide or not.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
bobdog said:
I don't want to live in a world like Orwells 84 or Minority Report whether I have something to hide or not.

Agreed.

Privacy is part of our freedom. This new ID bill is Un-American. Not the other way around.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I hear that Scottland will be nice this time a year around May of 2008. May be time for a move! ;) S*** like this really makes your butthole pucker up!! :mad2:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
That is a lot of money that can go to Poverty, Aids and other cancer research. The only thing I see out of this ID thing is the fact that we are paying Homeland Security to Turn Americans against America and cause more mayhem. If Bush would stop stealing other countries oil then America's fear of terrorism should not be as intense or existant as it is now. Our country is so rich that spending more to secure everyone else in the world from getting into America does not seem logical. Children in Iraq are learning negative things about america...what do you think some of those children are going to be when they grow up? What about other countries....Ugg....NM.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
we are so rich in this country yet our politicans cant send a few billion dollars a year to help aids, cancer patience and poverty and a lot of underlying ignored issues that we face everyday. I dont think that independent charities are going to be able to make a dent at the rate these issues are spreading. Everyone should get a chance like we have to develop into someone. How many of those children or teenagers and adults have to potential to become some that can change things around for the world, but cant becuase they dont have any education or help to guide them in the right direction.

Why is our political leaders so selfish as to not give people around the world a chance
its not right
I am all for technology but this whole ID thing and the money that is going twoards it could be for somthing greater. It is just money right?
Oh well, its not like we get a choice in the matter either.
:mad:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Barbie said:
we are so rich in this country yet our politicans cant send a few billion dollars a year to help aids, .
I thought we sent 25 billion to Africa last year?

If you have already renewed your drivers license in the past couple of years, then you are already in the system. In Utah anyway.

Caleb

Barbie said:
we are so rich in this country yet our politicans cant send a few billion dollars a year to help aids, cancer patience and poverty and a lot of underlying ignored issues that we face everyday. I dont think that independent charities are going to be able to make a dent at the rate these issues are spreading. Everyone should get a chance like we have to develop into someone. How many of those children or teenagers and adults have to potential to become some that can change things around for the world, but cant becuase they dont have any education or help to guide them in the right direction.

Why is our political leaders so selfish as to not give people around the world a chance
its not right
I am all for technology but this whole ID thing and the money that is going twoards it could be for somthing greater. It is just money right?
Oh well, its not like we get a choice in the matter either.

hold on there for a second...do you vote? if you do then there is your voice and opinion being put out there. If you dont vote then thats your loss. Last time I checked we are in America and America was our #1 priotrity. Why in the hell would we give to other countries before taking care of our own first?
If this ID bill is going to proivide more security for us on our homeland then so be it. It kind of makes me laugh, first people say Bush doesnt do enough for our protection, then they are crying saying he's invading our privacy...so what do you want?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Welcome to 1939 Germany. SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!!! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!!! :-\

It's too bad it really has come to this. :( People should be free to go where ever they want whenever they want... in a perfect world. That'll never happen. Let's piss off some more countries so we can make more laws that will make us feel "safe".

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
F*** Michal More....I went to Columbine and I know what went on there.
His points could not be more off from the real issue.