National "REAL" ID

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
"What is wrong with this bill?

The REAL ID Act establishes a national ID card by mandating that states include certain minimum identification standards on driver’s licenses. It contains no limits on the government’s power to impose additional standards. Indeed, it gives authority to the Secretary of Homeland Security to unilaterally add requirements as he sees fit.

This bill could have a chilling effect on the exercise of our constitutionally guaranteed rights. It re-defines "terrorism" in broad new terms that could well include members of firearms rights and anti-abortion groups, or other such groups as determined by whoever is in power at the time. There are no prohibitions against including such information in the database as information about a person’s exercise of First Amendment rights or about a person’s appearance on a registry of firearms owners.

This legislation gives authority to the Secretary of Homeland Security to expand required information on driver’s licenses, potentially including such biometric information as retina scans, finger prints, DNA information, and even Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) radio tracking technology. Including such technology as RFID would mean that the federal government, as well as the governments of Canada and Mexico, would know where Americans are at all time of the day and night.

There are no limits on what happens to the database of sensitive information on Americans once it leaves the United States for Canada and Mexico - or perhaps other countries. Who is to stop a corrupt foreign government official from selling or giving this information to human traffickers or even terrorists? Will this uncertainty make us feel safer?"

Caleb

Barbie said:
F*** Michal More....I went to Columbine and I know what went on there.
His points could not be more off from the real issue.

Your arguments sound as though they came straight from his site. Stealing oil...gimme a break, then why are we paying $2.50 a gallon?

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the bill, all I am saying is lets make AMERICA safe before giving money and resources to other countries.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Supergper said:
Your arguments sound as though they came straight from his site. Stealing oil...gimme a break, then why are we paying $2.50 a gallon?

Ok. We now control the largest oil supply in the middle east. Why in the hell are we paying $2.50 /gal again? I really want to know. I'm uneducated in the area, but it sure doesn't make any sense to a layman... :confused:

Caleb

Herzog said:
Welcome to 1939 Germany. SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!!! SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!!!!! :-\

It's too bad it really has come to this. :( People should be free to go where ever they want whenever they want... in a perfect world. That'll never happen. Let's piss off some more countries so we can make more laws that will make us feel "safe".

I completely agree, we SHOULD be able to travel where ever when ever we want to, but the simple truth is, its not the government that has put us in the situation we are in. Terorists and lazyness has put us here.

Caleb

Herzog said:
Ok. We now control the largest oil supply in the middle east. Why in the hell are we paying $2.50 /gal again? I really want to know. I'm uneducated in the area, but it sure doesn't make any sense to a layman... :confused:

um, actually we have no control of the largest oil supply in the middle east, last time I checked they had already had elections and were in full control. They have more troops in the country then we do now, anyways I think Saudi Arabia is a larger supplier of oil than Iraq is and we have no say or control what so ever there.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I guess that nothing is fair anymore no matter where you go...so, unless you have a great deal of money we might as well just start always walking bent over....because everyone want to **** you in the ass wherever you are.
:shawn:

Caleb

Barbie said:
I guess that nothing is fair anymore no matter where you go...so, unless you have a great deal of money we might as well just start always walking bent over....because everyone want to **** you in the ass wherever you are.
:shawn:

very true...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Supergper said:
um, actually we have no control of the largest oil supply in the middle east, last time I checked they had already had elections and were in full control. They have more troops in the country then we do now, anyways I think Saudi Arabia is a larger supplier of oil than Iraq is and we have no say or control what so ever there.

I'm going to read up on this... but my first instinct is that the whole new "Iraqi government" is kind like smoke and mirrors.

It's been done several times before in other smaller countries. Where in fact we have actually assasinated democratically elected leaders and installed dictatorships. Unbelieveable I know. Our gov would never do anything like that... I'm not comparing the two by any means, but we have done some evil stuff to other countries.

Yeah, I hit the library last year. :rofl:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Herzog said:
I'm going to read up on this... but my first instinct is that the whole new "Iraqi government" is kind like smoke and mirrors.

It's been done several times before in other smaller countries. Where in fact we have actually assasinated democratically elected leaders and installed dictatorships. Unbelieveable I know. Our gov would never do anything like that... I'm not comparing the two by any means, but we have done some evil stuff to other countries.

Yeah, I hit the library last year. :rofl:

Because AMERICA is the only PERFECT country in the universe!!! :rofl: ;) :rofl:

RKCRWLR

Its not even close on US imports. The middle east as a whole is only around 20% of our imports and the Saudi's sell about 12 % or that by themselves. We actually import more from Canada (18%) than any other source. People are always worried about the Middle East. They have the largest fields, but are not our largest suppliers.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
RKCRWLR said:
Its not even close on US imports. The middle east as a whole is only around 20% of our imports and the Saudi's sell about 12 % or that by themselves. We actually import more from Canada (18%) than any other source. People are always worried about the Middle East. They have the largest fields, but are not our largest suppliers.

Good info. :)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
One of the big reasons we are paying so much for fuel is because we haven't built enough refineries to make crude oil into fuel. When a refinery is working at 99% output (unless restricted by EPA and others) they cannot make more fuel, but they can charge more. When The Saudi King visited Bush on his ranch in Texas, he stated this exact reason for our fuel prices. That is why diesel cost so much now, more people using it, but no one is making more than they used to. Another reason our fuel costs so much is because of all the different mixes such as 89 90 and 91 octane. Then you have local restrictions that make the blend even more precise, like oxygenated fuel.

Caleb

Barbie said:
hmmmm....I did not know this!! That would explain a lot.

...you know all our problems stem back to the enviros...since that is the reason we aren't drilling our own oil and the reason we dont have enough refineries to keep up with our growing and expanding lifestyles