Need A Good Laptop Doctor!!

LonnieC

So my girlfiend and I both have the same Dell laptops but hers is extremely slow and I cant figure out why? I have done all the system scans on it and the disk defragment I have gone in and limited all the start up items and still no results...:confused: So if any of you guys know a good place near sugar house or even within 30 min. of sugarhouse to take it and have it look at I would love to know about it!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So my girlfiend and I both have the same Dell laptops but hers is extremely slow and I cant figure out why? I have done all the system scans on it and the disk defragment I have gone in and limited all the start up items and still no results...:confused: So if any of you guys know a good place near sugar house or even within 30 min. of sugarhouse to take it and have it look at I would love to know about it!

If it's still under warranty, we've had about 1/3 of our 420/430 and 620/630 series have bad motherboards. Give Dell support a call. Symptoms are similar to what you're explaining.

mbryson

Supporting Member
it isnt under warranty... so im not sure that they would do anything about it

Possibly not. Depends on how long it's been out. They've helped me before on old junk (I was quite surprised).

Which model machine is it? There's a lot of parts available for most Dell machines.

LonnieC

Its a inspiron 1520, its only like 2-3 years old... and it runs vista so its not like its an outdated computer. I guess its worth giving them a call to see if they will do anything

mbryson

Supporting Member
Its a inspiron 1520, its only like 2-3 years old... and it runs vista so its not like its an outdated computer. I guess its worth giving them a call to see if they will do anything

The Latitude line is usually a three year warranty (?--at least in my experience). I'm not familiar at all with the Inspiron line. Call Dell, though. They've been worth my time almost every time.

Brad J

Fastest way to find out if its hardware or software is swap the Hard Drives. Its only 4 screws.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1520/en/sm/hdd.htm#wp1180023

If her Laptop is still slow with your HD then you could try swapping the memory but my guess is that its the MB like Marc said. If your laptop is now slow w/ her HD then its either software or her HD. If that is the case then back up the important stuff & reinstall Vista or ghost from your HD. Its very handy when you have two identical machines for time like this:)