Need a little help with someone who knows...

Ok,
I have an 88 4-RNR with the 22RE and 5-speed. I have limited funds but I have in my possession a 4" block for the rear, 33" tires, and this weekend I am buying 4.30's and lockers from another member on here.

I know my truck has 4.10's in the diffs, but will 4.30's and 33's work or will I lug the engine? Also will I clear the 33's with just cranking up my Torsion bars and the 4" blocks. I went with 4" blocks because they were free and I have saggin waggon in the rear by about 1.5" -2"s.

Any input???

Also still looking for a wheeling buddy or group to adopt me :)

notajeep

Just me
You should clear the 33's just fine. However, you will have almost 0 down travel and your tires will wear on the outside really fast. Now if you can live with that then great. If not, then start looking for a solid front axle to hang under the front.
As for the gears, the 4.30's should work great with the 33's.

Im a lookin for a Solid Axel to do a SAS. Its just not in the budget as of right now and there is almost no down travel with the front suspension as it sits right now in the stock form turned all the way down.

PS. Is it worth regearing a T-case to "4.7" or adding a second one in? Will I break anything being geared that low?

wr250

insert lame comment
Ok,
I have an 88 4-RNR with the 22RE and 5-speed. I have limited funds but I have in my possession a 4" block for the rear, 33" tires, and this weekend I am buying 4.30's and lockers from another member on here.

I know my truck has 4.10's in the diffs, but will 4.30's and 33's work or will I lug the engine? Also will I clear the 33's with just cranking up my Torsion bars and the 4" blocks. I went with 4" blocks because they were free and I have saggin waggon in the rear by about 1.5" -2"s.

Any input???

Also still looking for a wheeling buddy or group to adopt me :)

4.30's and 33's will be ok
the rear needs fixed, with the blocks,you will break the springs due to axle wrap. one fix is here.
cranking the torsion bars up will result in a harsh ride.