need advise

cheapzuk

I am in the process of building dual t-cases using a sidekick t-case in front and a toyota t-case in the rear. My question is, On the output shaft of the sidekick t-case I need to make a way for the toy t-case to slide into it. Obviously it would be best to have it machined, but could I take and output shafts out of a toy trans and weld it onto the t-case shaft. If I do that do I need to reharden the shaft and if so how do I do it.

Hope this all makes sense

Thank you

shmoesmith

cheapzuk said:
27 veiws and no replies :(

you should use OTT Industries 'kicker2' setup and adapter...search for it on the web or pirate4x4 and you should find a whole ton of info.

cheapzuk

I am actually mocking that set up. My goal here is to safe money, to do the OTT I have to pay about $700 plus shipping and if there are any import taxes. I figured I will be into aluminium about $70 and alot of my time. I have the tools/ ability to build the adapter itself, the only hangup I am haveing is on the shaft.

bryce

Richard Crainium
maybe ott would sell you any shafts that you need for cheap
samuraiman who frequents this board is familiar with with what it takes to do the kicker case maybe pm him and pick his brain

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Transfer Case

cheapzuk said:
I am in the process of building dual t-cases using a sidekick t-case in front and a toyota t-case in the rear. My question is, On the output shaft of the sidekick t-case I need to make a way for the toy t-case to slide into it. Obviously it would be best to have it machined, but could I take and output shafts out of a toy trans and weld it onto the t-case shaft. If I do that do I need to reharden the shaft and if so how do I do it.

Hope this all makes sense

Thank you

Hey I just bought the case from OTT industries and I didn't send one to them I just purchased the case from them, no import fees or anything. Also I just sold my 6-1 sammy case and paid for the whole setup and had 400 bucks to use on something else. I have a product review up on www.offroad.com/suzuki on the main page about the setup. Good luck on making a copy of the setup there is quite a bit of mill work and what not you have to do for the bearings to seat and like you mentioned the shaft for the yota. I am sure with the right equipment it is definetly possible. Let me know what you come up with.