NEED ASAP '02 dodge ram 1500 front axle assembly

Coco

I picked up an '02 dodge 1500 with the 5.9 and auto trans tonight, and the left front CV shaft was off the truck, and in the back seat. The guy said the snap ring or something failed, and so he had already got a new one and was including it with the truck. Well tonight, I was doing some work on the truck, and went the throw that CV shaft on, and spun the tire after it was all back together, and it will stop (not make a full rotation, maybe half?) so i think the front end is grenaded, and that is why the front shaft was out.

However, it also doesn't make sense, because the right side still spins? Anyway, since it was all back together, I drove it out of the garage to see if it was just really stiff, nothing seemed wrong while driving it, so I drove it around the block, and got it back, seemed fine. So I pulled it back into the garage to do the tie rod end, and the shaft had come out again.... Not a good way to start with a truck you just bought.... I'm am going to pull the cover and see if I see any problems, but want to get the process of finding a replacement (worst case scenario) started.

Thanks!! The cheaper (if possible) the better. Trying to get this all legal and on the road ASAP.