• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Need Electrician for 110/220 Install In My Garage.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My new house needs some electrical work done in the garage. I want to put in one dedicated 110 outlet on a 20 amp fuse, a second quad outlet on its own 20 amp fuse, and then a 50 amp 220 for my welder.

My main power box is located right on the outside of my garage, so it should be very easy to get the wiring into the garage. The outlets will all be located on that same wall. I figure I will need about 10 feet of wire for the single 110 and 220v and then around 25 feet of wire for the quad outlet that will be down the wall a ways.

The wall is rough drywalled so it will need to be cut and the studs drilled to run the wire, then the drywall needs be repaired. The 110v boxes can be mounted right to the drywall, but I want something stronger for the 220. I'm thinking something like a ceiling fan mount that attaches to the studs. I pulled my last box out of the wall that was only mounted to the drywall.

You must be licensed and this work should be done to any codes.

Feel free to post up here or call me at 8o19189784 for more information or to quote me. Once the job is done and I can use my welder again, I would be willing to trade any welding work you may need. I would like it done in the next week or so.

Thanks, Josh.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Any idea of the cost for all this? I can pick up everything at home depot, unless you can get it cheaper? Call me. Thanks.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Thanks for the info. Is this a guy you know? Or has he done work for you before?

yes, and yes.... He's even building a YJ. Not sure if he'd do some tradework for you or not, but he can usually work you in fairly quickly and likes to be done in a day or less if possible.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I think I found a guy that will do it, but I thought I'd post up one more time to see if anyone on here wants to do it. I purchased all the parts, ran the wire and installed the boxes, all that is needed is to push the wire through the wall into the back of the breaker box and hook up the wires, and breakers. Then on the other end to hook the wires up to the outlets. I would guess it's less then an hours work for someone.

Rock Taco

Figured I would bring up this thread and see if you or anyone else would like to share contact info for an electrician.

I want to add 220 to my garage. i have thought of doing it myself since I have worked with electrical in the past and it seems like it would be pretty easy (unfinished basement shared garage wall)

Maybe I just talked myself into it ???

Depends on how much it would cost me. My time is very valuable after all.:D

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I ended up using a friend of a friend. All he did was push the wires I ran into the box and hooked them up. Then hooked the other ends up to the outlets. I think he charged me about 100 bucks. He is a licensed electrician and did it one night on his way home from work. I'm not sure if he gave me a deal or if that was his normal price. I could talk to him and see if he would be up for helping you out. PM me your contact info and I will pass it on it him to call you if you want.

Rock Taco

I ended up using a friend of a friend. All he did was push the wires I ran into the box and hooked them up. Then hooked the other ends up to the outlets. I think he charged me about 100 bucks. He is a licensed electrician and did it one night on his way home from work. I'm not sure if he gave me a deal or if that was his normal price. I could talk to him and see if he would be up for helping you out. PM me your contact info and I will pass it on it him to call you if you want.

I'm sure you have been busy. Think you could send me the contact info for the electrician you used?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
hundred bucks for an hour of work... damn I could have done it for less.. lol I just have been really busy lately. but now things are slowing down and I have a few nights a week that I could do this work for you if needed. Pm if interested...

Rock Taco

hundred bucks for an hour of work... damn I could have done it for less.. lol I just have been really busy lately. but now things are slowing down and I have a few nights a week that I could do this work for you if needed. Pm if interested...

PM sent