Need help. Cant get the church to quit knocking on my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Ever since we moved to our new place (14 months ago) we have been getting a knock on the door from the Mormons AT LEAST once a month and sometimes 2-3 times a month. It is always around 8-9 pm and it is always someone different. My wife used to be a member when she was a child, (Before she reached the age of reason :rofl:) and every time they come by we kindly tell them that we are not members, and we are not interested in their advise or their company. Every time this happens they act nice and apologize but nothing seems to get done, they come back just a couple weeks later. Another odd thing is that it is never the same exact people, so its not like I can remind them that I told them this last month.

What can I do? I go to bed at 8pm and I really hate it when I get that farcking knock. It is becoming extremely annoying. I just want them to leave us alone, is this really too much to ask??? Another thing that bothers me is that when we moved we did NOT give the church our new address, but some how they seemed to find it and know my wife lives there. Very creepy.

If anyone has a phone number, or some serious advise please inform me. This has to stop or else it will get ugly. Thank you in advance.

Bart

You could probably find out who the bishop is and call him and tell him to have the ward quit harrassing you.

Chevycrew

My wife had a similar issue. We had to ask the church that the members were from to remove her name from the contact list. We also told them we would never be interested again.

We get it occasionally down here as well, even with the no solicting sign.

Can charges be pressed for soliciting a faith?

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I tried googling the church contact, HAHAHAHAHAH yeah right. That got me no where.

I am hoping that one of our fellow RME LDS friends can help out. I am not a bad person, and I dont hate Mormons, I just want to be left alone.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I tried googling the church contact, HAHAHAHAHAH yeah right. That got me no where.

I am hoping that one of our fellow RME LDS friends can help out. I am not a bad person, and I dont hate Mormons, I just want to be left alone.

Next time they come by, ask for the name and number for the Bishop. then give him a call. Ask that your wifes name be removed from the church records.

Cory

Next time someone shows up, ask them who the bishop is and what ward you are in. Once you have the name, contact him directly about your wishes.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I will try that, however is there anything that can be done before they come a knocking again???

I live in Draper, and when I was searching online I found that Draper alone has like 10 wards.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I will try that, however is there anything that can be done before they come a knocking again???

That's probably the easiest/fastest way for you. The other avenue would be to research what ward you are in, and contact the bishop directly. The bishop should direct the membership clerk to do what you ask them (that doesn't mean it's always done, though).

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I am going to try and call the main number I found online when I get home. Hopefully this will get me somewhere.

I hate to use the word "harassment" because it isnt like they are being rude, but I am sure they wouldnt like it if I knocked on their door once or twice a month at inconvenient times, and asked them if they wanted to be part of my super best friends group....

CJJ92yj

Keep in mind though, that even though your name may eventually be removed, that won't always stop that one pesky neighbor from pressing their religion on you. I've seen it before. I get it occasionally as well. I have one "neighbor" 2 streets behind me that keeps sending missionaries to my house. One of these days I'll get a JW to show up at my door, and I know where I'll send them! LOL

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Become a member! :D

I would but being a non member lets me choose my own underwear, I get a 10% increase in pay, and Sundays off. :rofl: JK.

The neighborhood I live in is mostly out of staters. They consist of people who have enough money to rent the entire townhouse all year, every year, just so that they have a cozy place to sleep that 2 or 3 weeks a year that they vacation here. (Must be nice to be them).

My neighbors that do use their house as a full time living facility are all pretty quiet and everyone keeps to themselves. I love where I live because of this, but like I said it could be perfect if this one thing wasnt bothering me. However, I will take Mormons bothering me over thieves, crack addicts, and meth junkies any day of the week!
;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Do what I did: invite them in, and discuss the differences between Joseph Smith's Mormonism, and the Mormonism of today, maybe contrast and compare with the rest of Christianity. I guarantee they will not come back. :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Do what I did: invite them in, and discuss the differences between Joseph Smith's Mormonism, and the Mormonism of today, maybe contrast and compare with the rest of Christianity. I guarantee they will not come back. :D

PM that propaganda to me. That should be worth a chuckle or five...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
They never came to my parents door when I lived there, and they only came once to my new house, but they were pretty startled that I was white and spoke english, so they just tucked tail and split without even trying to give me the act. I'm not totally sure they could speak english, although I would find it pretty unusual for a missionary in Utah to not speak English.

Haven't seen any others since.

Paul R

The best way is for you to find out what ward you are in then talk to the bishop and ask to remove your wife's records from the church. You will probably have to have your wife write a letter saying so and that you wish to have no contact. This should keep most people from the wards coming by, but it will not stop missionaries they work totally seperatly and often canvas neighborhoods. But it should stop quite a bit of the visits.

As for the no soliciting sign, technically knocking on doors is not soliciting unless they are selling something so there is not much you can do press charges against that, but are they really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.