Need help. Cant get the church to quit knocking on my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notajeep

Just me
I don't get it? because they are trying to do a good deed?

I guess that makes sense. So, since I was a manager at Circuit City, does that give me good resume fodder for potential church leadership positions?

The church of CODY???:eek::eek::eek:
I'll join!!:cool::cody:

notajeep

Just me
When ever I want the home teachers to leave me alone for a few months I just show up at the door naked. (It works with family too!)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
They told my boss they were there to offer their help. He accepted their help and took them out back, told them to pick up a rake and help him get up all the leaves. They didn't want to help that bad.

ID Bronco

Yes and No. Like I said, I am not against them personally, but when you kindly ask them to not come by anymore, and they do for 14 months it becomes really annoying. I am not crazy in that I would have the nerve to call the cops or do anything of legal nature. I just want them to stop, and I feel that is a very universal message regardless of who you are or what org you represent.

At times I feel like they would only get the message if I was rude, or got in their faces, etc. That is not me. I try to be the nicest guy in the world, but I feel they are taking my kindness for weakness at this point....

EDIT: Oh and guys, not to sound like a dick or anything, I love the jokes, and everything, and being a devout Atheist I typically welcome it, but I really just want to keep this particular thread civil because I am asking for help. I dont want to offend anyone of any faith here. Thank you very much everyone.

You are first class man. They will respect your wishes when you get hold of someone like the Bishop.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Another thing that bothers me is that when we moved we did NOT give the church our new address, but some how they seemed to find it and know my wife lives there. Very creepy.

More often than not, it's a family member wanting their sibling/child/parent to stay in contact with the church that will give the church your address. Is your wife's family still practicing? Would they do something like that?

When I went to Anaheim for a two-year excursion for the locally dominant religion, this was usually the case. One couple in particular got rather pissed and very confrontational. The husband (same situation as you) demanded to know how we knew where they lived. Me and my buddy shrugged our shoulders and told them we had no idea, we were just given a slip of paper with their names and address and asked to verify if they lived there. We later found out that the wife's mother had given our bishop their address.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Thats understandable. However, we never gave our family our new address. Sad but true, we really dont have any family. I have a brother who is as Atheist as i am, and my wife has a sister who lives in OR. She does have some extended family that are Mormon but they do not know our address. The only thing I can think of is that our old next door neighbor was one of those relief society women who had to be in the middle of everyones business. She was the nosiest old bag. No matter how many times we told her that we dont go to church because we dont believe in it, she would just keep trying. I think she may have asked the mail handler for our forwarding address, or she may have looked at our mail or something. I honestly wouldnt put it past her. Like I said she would walk to the end of the world if she could be one up on the sewing circle!

allterrain

AllTerrain
It's all been said Beerman. The Bishop will take care of it.

OK you guys, let's stop knocking on his door.
Mission Abort- whoever was up for April, stand down...

:)

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
4554x4 PM'd and said he will take care of it. Hopefully he is not with the Mormon mafia and they are going to have me wacked.....:ugh:

jk, he seemed like a good guy. Thanks

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Come to the door naked holding a beer and a cigarette and ask them to come in. If they do you are probably S*** out of luck.
Good luck hopefully after your request they will stop bugging you.

4554x4

always modifing something
4554x4 PM'd and said he will take care of it. Hopefully he is not with the Mormon mafia and they are going to have me wacked.....:ugh:

jk, he seemed like a good guy. Thanks

Check your private messages. Its all good, been handled. Your non Mormon mafia friend. Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.