need help moving/towing jeep for cheap

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
looking for an inexpensive tow to get my jeep from kaysville to Bountiful (Jeep not running). Does anybody have a towtruck who does side jobs or does anybody have a trailer that could haul it for a reasonable price? The Jeep has wide axles/tires, so it would need to be a wide trailer -- I tried using a tow dolly from u-haul, but it was not wide enough. If anybody can help me out I'd really appreciate it. I've been out of work and have to get the jeep moved before thursday if possible and was hoping I wouldn't have to fork out a fortune to have a commercial tow company to tow it. Thanks

easiest way to reach me is via e-mail:
sbcjeep@gmail.com

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I have a tow dolly that I used to move my Rubi from Michigan, and it fit fine. How wide is it? Unlike Uhaul, I have a policy of "if it fits, you can use it". You can use it cheap cheap cheap. If it bends the trailer fenders, let's take them off. Ha ha ha!
I am down in Sandy, and you could use the dolly cheap if it will fit. My TJ has stock D44 axles, 33X11.5 tires, if that is any indication. I had to move the ramps in a few inches to make it fit, and they slide side to side with application of BFH or a good tug.
I will pm you my number, call me with your width and we can try to work something out.

dumassaim

I have a tandem axle trailer but dont have a truck atm but i can borrow one. If you have a truck to pull it with id be willing to let you borrow it.

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Does it run & drive enough to get on a trailer? Or is a winch needed?

It will run, but has idle problems and needs constant jumping. Keeps dying when I switch from park to drive or reverse. So, a winch would be awesome, but we could probably get it to drive on to the trailer with a few jumps.

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
I have a tow dolly that I used to move my Rubi from Michigan, and it fit fine. How wide is it? Unlike Uhaul, I have a policy of "if it fits, you can use it". You can use it cheap cheap cheap. If it bends the trailer fenders, let's take them off. Ha ha ha!
I am down in Sandy, and you could use the dolly cheap if it will fit. My TJ has stock D44 axles, 33X11.5 tires, if that is any indication. I had to move the ramps in a few inches to make it fit, and they slide side to side with application of BFH or a good tug.
I will pm you my number, call me with your width and we can try to work something out.

It has full-width axles from full-size trucks and also has wide tires with offset wheels. Tires are 35" dia and the uhaul tire straps would not even go around the tire even if it did fit between the fenders. I think the width is roughly 84 inches, but I'd need to drive up there and verify that

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Why are you towing it to bountiful.....I have a truck and trailer but the trailer deck is only 82 inches wide wich is not a problem i have to drive over the fenders to get on it with my rig wich is 83 inches wide lol but without a winch or the rig running its gonna be a beeyotch to get on there

Chevycrew

Ive got truck and trailer, mine is a 96" wide deck over. Its tall so harder to load. I dont have my winch on right now, so it would have to drive on.

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Ive got truck and trailer, mine is a 96" wide deck over. Its tall so harder to load. I dont have my winch on right now, so it would have to drive on.

I'm charging the batt tonight and hoping that will give enough juice to start it a few times. When are you available and how much $? thanks!

you can also contact me at sbcjeep@gmail.com

Chevycrew

cover my fuel...

Im available afternoons any day, evenings wed - fri

shoot me a text. steve 208-890-5454

When does it need moved by?

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Looks like you have a lot of options to choose from. I use semi truck straps on my dolly, because the regular straps are too small, it's true. I will get some made one of these days though.