Need help with a 2000 GMC Jimmy. GMC guys get in here

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
So without starting it, since it wouldnt start, my fuel pressure when I opened the switch shot up to 100 psi again....I'm guessing it's not supposed to spike that high just to prime, right? I remember with the previous one it only got up to about 30'ish PSI I think before cranking over, cant remember too well.

B2-Bomber

100 IS NUTS!, is the FPR clogged? it attaches to the side of that pod, under the plastic upper intake manifold, pull it out and inspect the screen behind it.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
100 IS NUTS!,

Yep, something isn't regulating the pressure or letting the excess pressure back to the tank...

And that is just with the Key on? Have you held a rag over the test port released the pressure and retested? (Shouldn't matter but might lets you see the pressure build if you put the gauge on and have someone else hit the key)

It was watching the pressure build that let me know I had accidently pinched my return line when I put the tank back up...

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Alright so sounds like 100 is way too high lol....

Ok I'll be looking over the lines on the pump this week then, there's a chance I could've screwed up the plumbing on it. And also I did take the FPR off the old and new and checked both screens and they were clean, I even swapped them between the two and reinstalled the old spider, I'm getting pretty good at replacing that spider setup in the car lol. But yeah, sounds like I gotta pinpoint the high fuel pressure. Oh and I did let the pressure out of the gauge and primed it again and watched as the needle climbed to 100 as I heard the fuel pump priming. Lasts about 4~ seconds.

Ill keep you guys updated on that.

Last edited:

B2-Bomber

plumbing it wrong would be very difficult as the feed line is 3/8", and the return line is 5/16"

unless you somehow attached the return line to the 3rd fitting on the sending unit which is also 5/16" it is the vent line, which for all intents and purposes i don't see why it wouldn't act like a return line and let fuel get back into the tank anyway.

i don't see how you could have "screwed up" the plumbing. the only thing i can fathom is that there is a pinched return line somewhere. but something would have had to have caused it. they don't just pinch themselves

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Not yet, I've been putting this on hold because it was cold lol. But I suspect I'll be crawling down there to look at the lines on the fuel pump today.

the car is sitting outside under a sheet of ice that's why I've been putting it off.