Need help with superwinch control socket pin

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I've had this 2007 Toyota fj cruisr for a little over a year that I got for cheap. It has a superwinch e9i 9000 pound winch that the owner told me didn't work. Finally got to it this past weekend and found the winch control socket had a bad pin and when I bypassed, everything worked. Can anybody Identify this type of female round electrical pin? Ive tried to get the stupid socket but its discontinued, I found it in the UK but can't find a place that will ship a 15 buck part. I'm trying not to bypass at this point, I've hit a couple electrical places with no help

Attachments

• 20191209_175341.jpg
    20191209_175341.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 29

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Looks like a Molex style socket.

Assuming the wire is crimped to the connector properly the pins/sockets don't really go 'bad'. Aside from replacing the socket or building your own connector the socket may be hogged out or the pin is a little squashed and needs to be spread open to better contact the socket.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I found the molex pins online just wasn't sure. The pin literally corroded away on the bottom pin. So no spreading etc

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
What Carl said. I had the same type of failure on an old Ramsey winch. I purchased a cheap round 4 pin trailer wiring connector set, and simply replaced both ends. It worked flawlessly.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
What Carl said. I had the same type of failure on an old Ramsey winch. I purchased a cheap round 4 pin trailer wiring connector set, and simply replaced both ends. It worked flawlessly.

This works. I did the same to my TMax winch. Got tired of the plug not being super functional, just cut and spliced the wires at the "wall" on Gold Bar Rim and ran it into the cab. It's still kind of remote but not like it was. If I was cool, I'd have used a 4 pin trailer connector or similar.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Found a ford pin that fits the male end very good. Plus pretty tight in the plastic fitting.
I'll just need to glue it in and I'll be set. 1989 lincoln town car if anybody cares

Attachments

• 20191211_174204.jpg
    20191211_174204.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 10