Need New Headlights?

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Well on my last Moab Trip... One of my headlights burned out...

I had read in either Four-Wheeler or P4WAOR that these new headlights were crazy awesome... They are the Sylvania Silverstar headlights.

I didn't know whether or not to believe it because when I first bought my Jeep my headlights were yellowish/brown. Then I had purchased the Sylvania "Cool Blue" headlights which were very white... People would often bright me because they thought my hi-beams were on.

Okay back to my story.

I put in these Silverstar's and whoa! For just a little bit more extra cash, these suckers are brighter than my mom's BMW Xenon headlights!!!! :cool:

I have had these in for 2 weeks so far and have "yet" to be brighted by anyone. I guess they are bright so I can see very well, but for oncoming traffic they don't hurt the eyeballs.

Now I just went up to my garage about 5 minutes ago and re-aligned my Hella 500 Foglights and I thought, I'm gonna check out how bright these are compared to my Hellas... (I know a lot of you have Hella 500's so this is a good comparison for ya. - The way my hellas are hooked up, is that they will only turn on if my hi-beams are on, so I couldn't test how bright they were with low-beams... Sorry.)

I turn on my low beams, and sure enough, very bright with a hint of blue in them. I turn on my hi-beams and whoa, a lot brighter than low beams... Then I turned on my Hellas.... I was shocked. After aligning the hellas I looked at the headlights and hella's straight on. The Headlights were brighter than my Hella's, plus, they were a lot more (white/blue more clear looking) The hella's almost looked brown compared to the headlights... It was amazing!!!!!!!!!

I am sold for these headlights... Only $25 a pop and brighter than a beamer's $700 Xenon lights... What a deal!!!!!!!!! :cool:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
cool, are these just right off the shelf there?

i need some good headlights, mine suck!

S

sukaB

Good story, and I bet they help with flex as well....
SIIIICCCKKKKK :eek:
Or is it MAD :D

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Yeah, right off the shelf at Autozone or Pep Boys...

They are actually brand new... I think I have the first pair in Utah... I had to drive all the way to Orem to get them.

Ricemod... Yes for street, but, I use my Jeep for wheeling... I bought them for better night wheeling! And guess what... Sure does light up the path in front of me... Now I just need some rock lights... Hmmm.. Stock fog lights should work nicely! :)

Actually... It is some really madly sick lighting going on there sucka boob! :rofl:

Yeah, nice talking to ya on Poison Spider there... On the 25th last month... Glad to see a friendly face that likes to actually stop and talk... Oh wait, you were too good to stop and talk, way to go buddy! :ugh:

But that's alright, Kevin Hawkins showed us his rig.... That thing is sweet, I remember watching that crawl up White Knuckle Hill a couple of years ago. :cool:

S

sukaB

I stopped and said Hi to you...Had to go I'm running a trail here..... ;)
What the hell you doing on poison spider trail anywho...

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
sukaB said:
I stopped and said Hi to you...Had to go I'm running a trail here..... ;)
What the hell you doing on poison spider trail anywho...

I know you did... I shook your hand... I was just givin ya crap, cuz you were gone just as fast as you came... :D

I still remember it, you shook my hand, "Gotta go a whole bunch of TJ's back there!" Kinda like you were scared of a whole bunch of TJ guru's were gonna jump ya cuz you were driving a tricked out YJ.

I was on PSM playing on that crack, I'm waiting for my Sis-in law to send me the pics, but we have some awesome pics going back down the crack... Instead of straddling it like most people do, we put our tires in the very lowest part, the center, had to fold in the mirrors... I lifted a tire and almost put my windshield frame into the wall, but it looked really cool and had some pucker factor.

On the way up, my bro gave us a line so we would lift our tire like 3 feet. I wasn't expecting it and I think I sucked up my seat and puked it out! :D

S

sukaB

tweakeyjeep said:
I know you did... I shook your hand... I was just givin ya crap, cuz you were gone just as fast as you came... :D

I still remember it, you shook my hand, "Gotta go a whole bunch of TJ's back there!" Kinda like you were scared of a whole bunch of TJ guru's were gonna jump ya cuz you were driving a tricked out YJ.

No but when your leading a bunch of TJ's and they stop it's like three hours to get them moving again (moooooooooo)

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Mike said:
are these just bulbs or are they a total replacement?

It all depends on your setup... I thought at first that I was going to need to buy a housing, then buy a bulb for it, but with the YJ I just had to replace the housing...

Autozone had a conversion kit for the Wrangler so you can change bulbs and keep the housing, but I've noticed my housing starts to get dust and dirt on the inside of it. The bulbs are only $5 cheaper than the whole housing unit, I decided to not do the conversion.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
sukaB said:
tweakeyjeep said:

No but when your leading a bunch of TJ's and they stop it's like three hours to get them moving again (moooooooooo)

Well... What if they wanted to play around on the crack, like me and my bro's? ONly one of your cow TJ's (it was actually a CJ) played on the crack. He was behind me. Well anyways, it was fun...