Need some help for a wife of a deployed member

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
I have one of my troops that recently deployed and now his wife's speedo is having issues in here chevy trail blazer I don't mind working on older vehicles but on the newer ones not so much. It is currently sitting at 30 when the vehicle is off and then when she drives at approx 30 to 40 it jumps to 90. if you cant send me any good ideas for a fix how about a reputable shop in the Layton area that will not bilk her out of a bunch of cash they don't have.
Thanks
Steve

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I would say it is the speedo gear, or cable is seized, the gear is a plastic and not hard to get to, i could help you out i you want, if it is a newer model that has a sensor in the tranny or transfer case you just have to replace the sensor, it also might me a sensor in the rear axle can't remember what chevy does

MPM

I have a 06 powerstroke that has done this a couple of times. I have found that if I disconnect the aux battery and then reconnect it, it sloves the problem. It has only done it twice thus far. Just and idea!!!

rokrash

We test drove a chevy pickup and the speedo was not working. The dealer told us that it is common enough that they had the cluster on hand to replace it, so I would be that it needs a whole cluster assembly!