need some help

01XJ

I bought a jeep commander about 3 weeks ago and it has recently developed a squeak thats getting worse from the front driver side. I have recently been diagnosed with MS and there is no way i can get on the ground to lay under there to locate it. the wife tried but couldnt tell where it was coming from. i just need someone to lay under there and locate this annoying squeak for me so i know what to replace. I will bring the jeep to your place and im willing to pay for your time. I live in pg so I prefer someone in utah county close to pg.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm in Magna, but I'd be happy to help.

What happens to cause the squeak? When you turn a particular direction? When the suspension compresses on one side or the other? Or is it a motor sound?

01XJ

Its a suspension noise on the left side. If you bounce or rock it it does it. And I'm a freak about noises but this one is bad it's even getting to the wife. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

01XJ

Bump... We have narrowed it to coming from behind the driver front tire. The wife just can't pin point it, and I can't get on the ground to lay under there to look for my self

01XJ

We found it....Well the car lot did, I got thinking when I bought it it didn't pass their 115 point inspection it needed upper and lower ball joints done to pass safety. Well I got thinking maybe it was something they did so I took it back to the service department today. They never greased the ball joints or anything when they put them in and they were dry and making the noise, they greased them up along with every thing else and it's quiet now.