Need someone to lathe a few sliders for me?

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I don't have access to a lathe at the moment. I have 14 inches of aluminum that I need cut and turned down to fit in my cage. On my bike in the pic you can see one is in there...It needs 4. They're basically 3 inches long. half that length is the 2 inch the rod comes as. I need the other 1.5 inches turned down to about 1.75 or 1.5 inches. To fit in the sleeve. I'll measure. But someone who can cut the rod in 4 pieces and lathe them down for me would be very appreciated. And of course paid. Anyone down for a quick job? Let me know what ya think on price. Shouldn't take more than an hour I don't think. Maybe even less....

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1990.JPG
    IMG_1990.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 85

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
No rush. Either of you in Salt Lake next couple days or so? Off the 4500 S. exit literally behind the Wendys 100 yards west off the exit. I have the sample and rod here. The pic you can see the example in, where it steps 3 times then flares out, that last step and flare are not needed. Just the bottom full width and next step. Those were something I had that I just made work. But I can give these to either of ya if ya cant get here. I just figure if you are in the area ever, I'd save a trip. Or I will drop them next time I'm in one of you guys' area. Where you at Lean?

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
Thanks! Yeah, today is no good so I will text you next day or two and meet ya on your way in to work or on one of your breaks. Thanks a lot! Been needing this done for a year now. :)

STAG

On my grind
That's fine. I drive through SLC every day literally all over the valley. (My job is to drive around) so I was planning on picking up/dropping off anyways. But either way.

ricsrx

That is some crazy stopping power on the rear disk... so it locks up if you breath on the rear brake lever?

do you use the rear brake that much?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
That is some crazy stopping power on the rear disk... so it locks up if you breath on the rear brake lever?

I had the same thoughts.. but I am thinking the are single calipers for multiple levers..

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It won't hurt my feelings if you have Chance do it....probably get it back to you faster anyway. :) Either way for me too though. :D

Nappy

Nappystunts.com

I have an 8 piston Handbrake and a 4 piston footbrake. When we(stuntriders) are on the tank or standing anywhere on the bike where our foot isn't where the stock footbrake is, we use the handbrake. I use a Brembo 16x18 master I have mounted under my clutch. Yeah, It's a ton of brakes. But better to have too much than not enough... :) Don't wanna not be able to come back down when im beyond balance point.

Attachments

• l_7ae48a4d571143af8179863766a450ac.jpg
    l_7ae48a4d571143af8179863766a450ac.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 21

ricsrx

Thanks for the clarification. that make sence.
I enjoy watching stunt ridding, please be safe.

rick

STAG

On my grind
Done. These were fun. :)

3B1FAB3B-BD32-4A15-BBB9-C1B3103F7181_zpsxh0balce.jpg

* I just realized they don't really look all the same, but trust me, they are all identical.