Need suggestions fast

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
I have been working on this tire swing for the past 2 days. Well I have now gotten to the point where I need to find a latch. What is everyone else runnin?

I am really against the Tbolt idea.

Heres a pic of the swing

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
I am looking for something just like this. (unless someone else has a better idea) anyone know where I can get something like this locally?

P

pokeyYJ

So thats who's bumper was sitting on the table in the shop. I was wondering who was building that thing.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by BBowski82
I am looking for something just like this. (unless someone else has a better idea) anyone know where I can get something like this locally?

I think I have a couple of those kciking around...it will be amana til' I see...:(

Shawn

Just Hanging Out

we have an Industrial supply in Ogden, wonder if they would have em?

The are an authorized dealer. This is the hatch I was looking into when I built me swigway. But I like to fab, so fab I did ;)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
amana? Manana? tomorrow?

Thats what I meant to say... :D

I guess if you can't find some locally, mine might be the trick... we have used them on dozens of tire carrier projects...;)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I welded a flat plate on the swinging rack that rested against the lower bumper. Then welded a cool looking nut into the bumper. Made a threaded "T" handle and drilled a hole in the flat plate.

With the flate plate against the bumper you screw the "T" bar in to hold it all together. Rattle Free!

The pic will help understand.