Need to lift a 3 gen 4Runner quick!

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
well when i put in my FJ80 coils my rear brake line was tight as a banjo string so i had evco make me the 5 inch longer one but i never had to touch the front and i SAS, but yours is a little newer so maybe the brake line is longer

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Diffs are done, damage multipliers removed and front pucks installed. I am installing the CB now and tomorrow the rear springs get installed once the shocks come in.

It looks like it's driving uphill right now.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Ran into a bit of a snag. I got the shocks this AM but the tech who usually hooks me up on the DL called in sick. I really didn't want to be up late tonight trying to do this myself. From my research, it seems the rear springs/shocks bring teh suk. The "How to" I found had the shocks being cut out... I'm pretty sure I don't had a tool for shock cutting. Damnit with the high cost of being nice! I think being a bastid is cheaper.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I think that when I was doing a lift on a 2nd gen ('95), I ended up torching the bushings out. I didn't have much issue with the shocks on my '99 though.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The "How to" I found is here.

The poster wrote that the top bolts are hard to get to so he had to cut it. I'm not sure how cutting the shaft makes it any easier to reach the top bolt. I do acknowledge that being a sexy 12V Black Belt has ill prepared me for such tasks however.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You generally don't have to cut them, get a closed end wrench on the top nut, rotate the shock shaft until the wrench binds against the body/frame and then use a pair of channel-locks or vise-grips to grab the shock housing or shaft (depending on style) and twist that mother off. I've installed dozens of lifts on that generation 4Runner and don't recall having to every torch or sawzall. That said newer LC's use a similar setup and I've had to nuke a few of those when they come from super rusty environs...

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I'm just super stressed right now. I can't really start on it until 6. My KJ needs the oil changed and I still need to buy food and pack. Got to be in Green River by 9 AM Wed.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i have never had to cut a shock off period, there should be two flat sides on the tip of the shock shaft or the end of the threads that is for a wrench to hold the shaft while you break the nut loose

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I have to fit my 6:30 hair appt in as well.... since there will be many photos taken... and you know what that means....

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
So, what more do you have left? Rear shocks & coils, decided if brakeline is OK.. and that's it? Have you done the small tune-up type items: air filter, plugs, wires, etc?