Need Tube Steel

Broken

I'm looking to but some tube steel locally. Anyone bought some lately? What are the going rates and availability of 1.75 X .120 DOM. I need about 100 ft if the price is right. I didn't see anything in Vendors area. I don't know if this is the right place to post this.

Last edited:

marc olivares

Limey Lover
for a 100' quantity, you might be better off setting up an account at Marmon Keystone, and doing cash only purchases. the down side is that they only sell in 20' lengths but they do typically have everything in stock. that's what ive done in the past.

RockPaws

It's All About Rocks!
Just sent a customer to Marmon Keystone, their just off California Ave, next to 215 freeway. I need to go over their myself and pick up tube. Great selection.

Caleb

marc olivares said:
for a 100' quantity, you might be better off setting up an account at Marmon Keystone, and doing cash only purchases. the down side is that they only sell in 20' lengths but they do typically have everything in stock. that's what ive done in the past.

FWIW, you dont need an account to buy from Marmon Keystone. You just need to call ahead a couple hours so they can have it ready for you.

marc olivares

Limey Lover
Supergper said:
FWIW, you dont need an account to buy from Marmon Keystone. You just need to call ahead a couple hours so they can have it ready for you.

that's probably true, but at the time i setup my account, that's what the sales guy told me. :)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Broken said:
Does an account get you better prices?
yes,
and quantity. I don't think anyone will post the cost of what they pay due to the mark up that shops do. Call Marmon, see if they will set you up for 100' you won't get much of a discount.

By the way, 1.75 .120 wall come in 18 footers these days.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
you can also get tube from rocklogic, priced competitively last time i checked. it's just closer for me, and i like gawking at projects.