Neighbors lost their son last night........

XJEEPER

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6250066

Derek is a great kid and an example to all that knew him. I had the priveledge of spending time with him in Scouting and YM. His sister in the picture is world's best babysitter, caring for out kids many times, just a great family......... been a tough day for all that know them, we're just trying to support them however we can. Praying for all involved.

I'm trying really hard to not be angry with these punk kids that caused Derek and Blake's deaths.....

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I never understood how the innocents always die and the ones deserving of death walk away...

My thoughts and prayers to the familes and friends...

Cherokeester

The parents of the two burglar boys are blaming the accident on the police, that they should not have given chase. Those two loosers are gang members and have extensive police records, yet their parents still defend them to the end.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
As a citizen and a voter I blame it on the two burglars who were the caused of the events. Sorry parents, but sometimes your little kids are wrong, and sometimes you are wrong thinking they are innocent.

I feel terrible for what the real victims are their families are going through. This is one of those events that have weighted on me all day.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I hope they get the death penalty for causing the deaths of those two innocent victims. Hang 'em high and start making criminals really pay for what they do.

LT.

I hope they get the penalty for causing the s of those two victims. Hang 'em high and start making criminals really pay for what they do.

Problem with hanging them as that they really don't have much time to "pay" for what they have done. The Justice system bases most of the penalties off of a time served. The thought was so that the guilty party would have "time" to think about what they had done. Unfortunately, people and their own conscious are beyond that type of thinking. Perhaps something new needs to be done because it is more and more apparent that serving time is also not working as it may have in the past. I hope that the victims families get through their losses. I am not against the penalty at all. It just seems like it is all over way to quickly.

LT.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
In that case LT, make them live as crash test dummies over and over until they perish... Of course, that is cruel and unusual punishment. I'm down with that in special circumstances.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I hope they get the death penalty for causing the deaths of those two innocent victims. Hang 'em high and start making criminals really pay for what they do.

Ditto... Sometimes these types of people just need to be removed from life.

Unfortunately, their (the deliquents) parents will probably sue the copshop over it, even though they walked away. Then the system will probably let them off with a small amount of time and probation - because they have suffered enough.

Bodine

One Call That's All
Very tragic news.:(
I think the route cause was discovered when the defending parents opened their mouths.Since the parents did such an awesome job on these oxygen thiefs they should do the time with them. JMO

Bart

I agree. I think these parents don't hold their kids accountable for anything, thus empowering them to be gang banging jack a$$eS. They blame everyone else for their problems. I'm really tired of hearing that defense. It would be great to see the parents, and grandparents in this case, serve some time with their prodigies. It won't happen, but hey, a guy can dream.

LT.

In that case LT, make them live as crash test dummies over and over until they perish... Of course, that is cruel and unusual punishment. I'm down with that in special circumstances.

I like the Crash test Dummies idea! That is the best idea I have heard in a long time. I was kind of thinking about dragging them behind a pick up truck down a gravel road for a few miles naked but, your idea is even better. We then could get a good record of the body damages done during different impacts. Instead of just guessing.

LT.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Just read the story on one of the criminals on KSL before coming here.

My deepest sympathy for your neighbors. Absolutely horrible to lose your loved ones in that way. Good kids in the wrong place, wrong time. :( Every moron should know what happens when you run from the police. Those criminals should spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
:( My condolences to their families, 2 outstanding young men killed by 2 wastes of life.