Neola Fire

NE_Utah

So I got to use my Rv today but only in Roosevelt. The fire was 2.5 miles from my house. I was told to leave everything and get out now.

There was two people that were killed in the fire. They were my neighbor the father had worked for the FS for about 25 years.

He was a good guy and was willing to help you out all the time, even when he was unable due to health. I will try to post up some pictures soon.

Man my house smells like I have been camping. :-\

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
wow sorry to hear about the fire and your friend.

Last edited:

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
The guy that died had the same name as my aunts father, but he passed away years ago. But he was from that same area (Bennett), but I am guessing it is a cousin or relative somewhere. And my family in Lapoint have evacuated as well. Sounds like it is spreading fast.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Holy Cow!!!:eek:

It looks like such a beautiful area too!

That's a neat little area. There's some cool stuff out that way. I really hope things go well for folks out there. They'll take care of each other pretty well, but if there's an opportunity for service, I'm headed out there. Great people.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Very true about the people. It is a close community and I would never move away

I lived in Roosevelt for about 10 months. I liked it quite a bit, my wife felt 'pigeonholed'. She got a sweet job offer back in SLC and I got an offer that's turned out to be pretty good and we moved back about 2.5 years ago.

I really enjoyed the people out there. I'd help any way I could. Let us know if there's something we could do.

NE_Utah

I lived in Roosevelt for about 10 months. I liked it quite a bit, my wife felt 'pigeonholed'. She got a sweet job offer back in SLC and I got an offer that's turned out to be pretty good and we moved back about 2.5 years ago.

I really enjoyed the people out there. I'd help any way I could. Let us know if there's something we could do.

Roosevelt would do that to ya. I like Neola. I can go fishing in my front yard and have 40 achers to play on. I don't like Roosevelt all that much. Did you work in the oil feilds?

mbryson

Supporting Member
Roosevelt would do that to ya. I like Neola. I can go fishing in my front yard and have 40 achers to play on. I don't like Roosevelt all that much. Did you work in the oil feilds?

I worked for UBTA. I liked Neola as well, but we found a house that would work for us in Roosevelt. What's the update? Are they making any progress in getting the fire contained?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
The news last night was that the fire was 0% contained. We finally got ahold of my uncle in Lapoint and he is saying that the fire is staying north of there. My guess is that whiterocks is going to be in the thick of it soon.

NE_Utah

Well I just woke up (I work nights) the mountain is still burning from Uintah Canyon all the way north of Tridell. It has made its way to the top of the mountain. still 0 contained.

Rusted that is good to hear. I will be working the fire tonight and I will try to get some really close up pictures.:eek:

I need to get some pictures of all the fire fighters in my town. there are about 1500 right now and more on there way in.

:eek: I just had a tanker buzz my house. it was so close I could see the pilot. Man that was close.

NE_Utah

UPDATE!!

I wa just informed about the fire and why it has killed 4 people.
when the fire started the Tribal fire and BIA would not allow Neola fire department to go to the fire because it was on Tribal ground. By the time BIA and tribal got there it had gone from a 4'X12' to 4000 acres fire.

This happend every year and now we have lost 4 people and who know how many ranchers have lost there cattle. This fire will cost all of us because BIA is a federal agency. Last year a State trooper lost his house andall of his tools. This year we lost a father grandfather, a freind and a young lady.

I am fed up with this indian whiteman BS. we all can thank Nixon for this.:mad:

I hope this will effect you enough to write your congressman, senitor, and congress to disolve the BS we live with and have to payfore. We will be paying for this fire for 30 years.