New 74 K20

Robudda723

Was on here before for a very short time and my jeep I was starting to build took a dump on me and needed another car fast. However, just traded a basket case motorcycle project for this truck. And Since I do not drive it much was planning on slowly building it up.

Plans:
Change from 350V8 with Manual Trans, to 455 Buick Th350 Auto (Probably not the easiest swap but engine and trans are sitting in my garage)

4" suspension lift 1" body and trim for 37" tires.

Roll Cage

Fix Rust and paint

I am sure there will be much more I will do as I go, but that's the Basics.

409BBFBF-CAE9-4305-9135-11244C3099EA-195-00000008F7AD200A_zpsf7900f82.jpg

Thanks,
Rob

LT.

Robudda723- would you be willing to give me the specs on your current tranny/transfercase combo? Would you be willing to sell them? I have a 1975 GMC with a blown TH-350 and NP-203 I am looking to swap out to a manual tranny.

Thanks in advance.

LT.

If you are going a 465 and 205 case, BUY the big, beefy aluminum aftermarket adapter. The factory steel ones crack and break. Been through four of those; two I caught and replaced at different times while the drivetrain was out. Two caught me on the trail.

LT.

If you are going a 465 and 205 case, BUY the big, beefy aluminum aftermarket adapter. The factory steel ones crack and break. Been through four of those; two I caught and replaced at different times while the drivetrain was out. Two caught me on the trail.
I will have to look into this if the OP is willing to sell me his stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

LT.

Robudda723

Robudda723- would you be willing to give me the specs on your current tranny/transfercase combo? Would you be willing to sell them? I have a 1975 GMC with a blown TH-350 and NP-203 I am looking to swap out to a manual tranny.

Thanks in advance.

LT.

LT I will shoot you the specs tomorrow, and see if it something we can work out.

Robudda723

Nice truck. I had a '74 blazer back in the day. Swapped in a 396.

That's not a BOP TH400 behind that 455?

I had a 455/400 combo for a while, was hoping to find an M715 to swap it in. Didn't work out. Chose to stay married.

I thought that it would be a TH400 also, but after checking the pan it is def a BOP th350.