New and improved New Member night run - March 11th (Updated)

sixstringsteve

I know it sounds corny, but it'd be nice if people had name tags with their RME uesrname on it, or if their car had it written on it with shoe polish or something like that. I know that'd help me put faces to (user)names.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I know it sounds corny, but it'd be nice if people had name tags with their RME uesrname on it, or if their car had it written on it with shoe polish or something like that. I know that'd help me put faces to (user)names.

That's a great idea, doesn't seem corny at all, it can get difficult to remember who is who especially with such a large group.

Even just print something out and tape it inside your rear window.

ozzy702

Out of courtesy for others, if you're new to rattlesnake, or if you want to go slow/mess around, I'd rather you were in one of the last groups. That way, those who just want to get through it quick can do so without having to wait for noobs to learn the line to take. I have no doubt you can do it, but when 20 people take an extra 3 minutes on an obstacle, that adds an hour to the people in the back.

:D Fair enough. Wish I was bringing my Toy, low gears and 39's make short work of most trails.

ozzy702

Very nice. Looks like I'll have some fun out there this summer. Now if I can only get a raise so I can afford to link my rig and use my FZJ-80 axles... then I'll have a LOT of fun.

Last edited:

01XJ

As much fun as this is going to be unfortunately we wont be making it:( My leaf bushing are way to bad to be out wheeling with them like this. And the bad part is cant get bushing till next payday:( Take lots of pics and we will have to catch up with you on the May run:cool:

Taco4life

I don't know if anyone on here has a similar situation but tonight I got a call from one of the neighbors. His kid was stuck in the snow bank, in the church parking lot "needed some help" I receive a few calls like this a year, I enjoy it. Especially after so many people helped me in my high school troublings. After teaching him proper recovery techniques, we yanked him out. I invited him to come this Friday. He said he would get back to me, we might come together. But tonight reminded me of why this is a good event.

LocalRich

hopefully someone can get a bonfire going so we can sit around and shoot the breeze for a bit.

I don't know the fire rules up there. I wouldn't recommend burning palletes, I've seen more than a few nails at the dirt parking lot.

I'll hit up Todd at Custom Splice and see if he wants to donate some cash for firewood. He sent some sticker and koozies

Anyone have a megaphone I can use for this trip? I hate to use it, but It might be the best way.

We have one in the race trailer I'll try to remember to stop and grab it on the way down Friday night.

sixstringsteve

I don't know if anyone on here has a similar situation but tonight I got a call from one of the neighbors. His kid was stuck in the snow bank, in the church parking lot "needed some help" I receive a few calls like this a year, I enjoy it. Especially after so many people helped me in my high school troublings. After teaching him proper recovery techniques, we yanked him out. I invited him to come this Friday. He said he would get back to me, we might come together. But tonight reminded me of why this is a good event.

Cool, hopefully a lot of people can learn the right way to recover a vehicle. Thanks for inviting him.

airmanwilliams

I have to pull out now I have a few things to put on my samurai before and I dont think I will have the extra cash for gas right now but come may im going, gotta go on a night run some time to see how my green led's look though.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
hell's yeah!

HI ALL,

Im in for sure, sections one and two...

Just moved here a couple weeks ago and need to network in for sure!!!!!

Yota Pickup, locked F&R, 36's, Pane, Tcase, winch, rock lights.... (maybe doors, hahaha)

!
Toyota2.jpg

0621091406a.jpg

Last edited:

krany

kranberry
I can't say I will have a truck but I will prob be there with my buddy, he has a big xj on 33s arb. He's new to the trail, i am gonna ride with him and coach him if need be

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I have to pull out now I have a few things to put on my samurai before and I dont think I will have the extra cash for gas right now but come may im going, gotta go on a night run some time to see how my green led's look though.

Aw, man, don't bail on us now! I was looking forward to meeting you at this event. Please do not use 'lack of gas money' as the reason for missing this event.

And when I say this, I don't mean that I doubt you might be short on surplus cash--that is always a possibility. Instead, I am saying that perhaps we can take up a small collection from the group to make sure you have enough fuel to make this trip.

Actually, I'll go a step further: let me personally make you a deal. You find a way to get your Samurai to the Chevron at meeting point B, and I'll give you $20 to pump gasoline into your tank on the spot. That ought to let you make the run (parts 1 and 2) and return home afterward. Sound good?