New and improved New Member night run - March 11th (Updated)

sixstringsteve

You find a way to get your Samurai to the Chevron at meeting point B, and I'll give you $20 to pump gasoline into your tank on the spot. That ought to let you make the run (parts 1 and 2) and return home afterward. Sound good?

You can't beat that deal! $20 in a sami will fill it up twice :rofl:

I hope you can make it airmanwilliams, I've been anxious to meet you too.

airmanwilliams

Aw, man, don't bail on us now! I was looking forward to meeting you at this event. Please do not use 'lack of gas money' as the reason for missing this event.

And when I say this, I don't mean that I doubt you might be short on surplus cash--that is always a possibility. Instead, I am saying that perhaps we can take up a small collection from the group to make sure you have enough fuel to make this trip.

Actually, I'll go a step further: let me personally make you a deal. You find a way to get your Samurai to the Chevron at meeting point B, and I'll give you $20 to pump gasoline into your tank on the spot. That ought to let you make the run (parts 1 and 2) and return home afterward. Sound good?

I appreciate it but I will try to sell a couple books the next couple days at school. I just really need to see if I can get someone with an impact wrench to help me put my sidekick flange back on the front diff and my adapter then I can go up there. Right now it has a loose samurai one on there and I went wheeling last snakes trip and probably shouldnt have.

LocalRich

I appreciate it but I will try to sell a couple books the next couple days at school. I just really need to see if I can get someone with an impact wrench to help me put my sidekick flange back on the front diff and my adapter then I can go up there. Right now it has a loose samurai one on there and I went wheeling last snakes trip and probably shouldnt have.

I have an 18v Dewalt you can borrow. It does most impact jobs. The air impact is in storage with the race car. You can stop by tonight and I'll help or pick it from my work tomorrow 4000ish S. State in SLC. If you find an impact and need air I have a 20lb power tank also.

airmanwilliams

I dont get off work till about 745-8 tonight at the lds business college, is that too late? Or anyone locally to me or in salt lake able to help me out in getting this flange on.

sixstringsteve

I don't know about the shops up in your neck of the woods, but if I were in Orem, and I stopped by Six States and talked to Kevin and told him my pinion nut was loose, he'd snug it up for me (or anyone) for free.

You're right though, you definitely want that nut snug. It affects the preload on your ring and pinion. Getting it tight with an impact gun is good enough for a night ride, but I'd take it somewhere that they do gears so you can make sure the backlash is set correctly. Most shops will do that for free or for cheap, just make sure they set the backlash right.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I just really need to see if I can get someone with an impact wrench to help me put my sidekick flange back on the front diff and my adapter then I can go up there.

I have air power and an impact gun in my garage, and I live one mile east of the Chevron. If you'll have the time and ability to show up before 7pm, I'll be happy to lend a hand on the Sami. Are there any other special/unique tools you'll need?

sixstringsteve

I have a battery powered impact I could bring. I know the toyotas use a 30mm socket on the pinion nut. What size do the sami's use?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Getting it tight with an impact gun is good enough for a night ride, but I'd take it somewhere that they do gears so you can make sure the backlash is set correctly. Most shops will do that for free or for cheap, just make sure they set the backlash right.

This is a good point. I'm no professional mechanic; I'm just a dude with some tools.

airmanwilliams

I have a battery powered impact I could bring. I know the toyotas use a 30mm socket on the pinion nut. What size do the sami's use?

dang I have no idea. looks like I also forgot to put a nut on the steerin joing at a tierod all I have holding it is a little clip lol, I will try to fix that tonight and try to get my new drop pitman arm on too.

sixstringsteve

Six States Distributors. They do gears all the time. and yes, definitely get your steering joints tightened with nuts :eek:

Salt Lake City
247 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City,
(801) 488-4666
Toll free ( only): (800) 662-3712
Toll free: (800) 453-5703
FAX: (801) 488-4676
8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Monday through Friday
8:00 A.M. to Noon Saturday
Closed Sunday

LocalRich

I'm up late usually, so as long as we have the correct size stuff feel free to stop by, Just let me know I'm off of 9400S 2000E ish in Sandy so it might be to far a drive for you.

sixstringsteve

good news, I don't have to race this saturday, so I can stay late on Friday night. So I won't be in a rush anymore.

Any word on a bonfire yet? I know localrich is trying to get firewood. Does anyone else have any firewood they can bring? i'd love to sit around a fire and get to know some new people.

Bring a camp chair if you want to sit around, there are no logs or rocks out there.

I imagine some people could camp too if they didn't want to drive home late.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I have a pile of wood behind my house if somebody is close to or driving through Clearfield. Just PM me and I'll give you my wife's. All she would want would be a phone call or a knock on the door so she doesn't freak out.