New buggy

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
What he said, radiator in the rear is fine. I was goint to do a BMW X5 hood and grill, but then I saw a buggy from the East somewhere that had used one. :( Half the charm was that it had not been done before. I still like it, and may end up still doing it, but I might try to find somethign new that has not been done before.

grinch

inner city redneck
Wow looks good... When I saw it last it was only frame rails.... The radiator thing in the rear isnt so bad and itleast it leads to better visibility. Is it still at rock logic? I will have to check it out again when I come down next week to blow my xmas bonus......

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
grinch said:
Wow looks good... When I saw it last it was only frame rails.... The radiator thing in the rear isnt so bad and itleast it leads to better visibility. Is it still at rock logic? I will have to check it out again when I come down next week to blow my xmas bonus......
Yeah, it's still there. It wasn't just frame rails for very long. ;)

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
make it an escalade, :D ive never seen an escalade buggy, hahaha :rofl: you could put spiners on it, :greg: lets see a buggy with spinners (and dvds)

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I bet you would have the only 76 pacer out there. You could paint it blue and call it the Mirf Mobile :cool: .

Waynes World, Waynes World, Party time, excellent!

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
PierCed_3 said:
I bet you would have the only 76 pacer out there. You could paint it blue and call it the Mirf Mobile :cool: .

While not in comps the 76 Pacer on a 4X4 frame has already been done. And so have Gremlins. :)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
SUPERFLY said:
make it an escalade, :D ive never seen an escalade buggy, hahaha :rofl: you could put spiners on it, :greg: lets see a buggy with spinners (and dvds)
ICK. :sick: An Escalade has the most un-buggyish grill ever. That would look like ass. Keep the ideas coming though! I haven't decided yet. ;)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
PierCed_3 said:

As tempting as a 76 Pacer is, UROC modified class rules says it has to be a four-wheel-drive vehicle. :rolleyes: So, I can build my completely custom buggy and put an X5 hood on it and it's legal, but if I put a Pacer hood on it, it's no longer legal. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So, I'm limited to the realm of SUVs and trucks, although I might be able to get away with an all-wheel-drive car if I wanted to push my luck. So, what SUVs have cool looking hoods/grills? I prefer vehicles that have the grill integrated into the hood.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
SuperRanger said:
I say Excalade dogg! Looks real nice. Are you running pro next season?
Well Brad. The thing is... I'm afraid of you. :ugh: I hear you're running Pro next year (they didn't give ya a choice, eh?), so I'm leaning towards staying in the West and seeing how much damage I can do. ;) I guess I'll see ya at SuperCrawl. :)

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
RockMonkey said:
So, what SUVs have cool looking hoods/grills? I prefer vehicles that have the grill integrated into the hood.

The new Volvo or Volkswagen SUVs? I can't picture them offhand but I seem to recall liking them......

:confused:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
There's been some PM discussion about that Volvo. It is a nice looking hood/grill, and it's been around just long enough that I might be able to find one. From the looks of it, I would prolly have to narrow the grill, which means cutting the whole thing down the middle and welding it back together. That is what I was hoping to avoid, but I'll do what needs to be done to make it look cool. :cool:

Kyle

GO Jr.
RockMonkey said:
There's been some PM discussion about that Volvo. It is a nice looking hood/grill, and it's been around just long enough that I might be able to find one. From the looks of it, I would prolly have to narrow the grill, which means cutting the whole thing down the middle and welding it back together. That is what I was hoping to avoid, but I'll do what needs to be done to make it look cool. :cool:

The Volvo xc90 has a cool hood and grill combo. My uncle is General Manager of Ken Garff jag and Volvo. I have him hunting down one of those hoods. So You will be able to see what one will look like on a buggy, if you can wait a few weeks.
Kyle

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Kyle said:
The Volvo xc90 has a cool hood and grill combo. My uncle is General Manager of Ken Garff jag and Volvo. I have him hunting down one of those hoods. So You will be able to see what one will look like on a buggy, if you can wait a few weeks.
Kyle
Sweet. If he can find two, let me know. ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
RockMonkey said:
As tempting as a 76 Pacer is, UROC modified class rules says it has to be a four-wheel-drive vehicle.

I would suggest the Eagle, but Darwin already has it, and they look awful narrowed-- I chopped Darwin's to see.

I like the Volvo idea m'self.