New expedition trailer

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Here is the start of my off road trailer. I have not decided if I want to bend up a top for it yet. It is one piece of 14ga steel. i will fab up a frame and weld on the ends. What do you think?

Attachments

• Trailer 1.jpg
    Trailer 1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 141

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Well I sell steel fabrication equipment so the brake I used was one of the best with precision tooling and dead on accurate.

Bart

I was thinking the same thing about the bed for my TJ truck. About exactly what you have without the last top piece, and different measurements. How much would you charge?

Nice job!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Mebbe. I was thinking, having the tub bent up in one piece like that would add to the complexity of bending it up and there by the cost. I keep thinking it would be fun to build one of these a year during my slow times at work, and resell them. The trailers on the market are pretty high priced for the average guy who may not have the skills required to build one.

Bob B

After Dans' first post, I contacted, and met up with him to bend up one of this. Mine was a little different than his design. His was 48" wide at the bottom, I only wanted 42". They are 60" long. He bend up the ends also. I think after the little bit of reprogramming he had to do to make these changes, the bending actually took him and I 5-10 minutes... I just have to find the time to cut, fit, and weld the ends on and the lower box will be done.. I will start a build thread as I get sometime to work on it.. I have things all planned out, just needing time..

mesha

By endurance we conquer
After Dans' first post, I contacted, and met up with him to bend up one of this. Mine was a little different than his design. His was 48" wide at the bottom, I only wanted 42". They are 60" long. He bend up the ends also. I think after the little bit of reprogramming he had to do to make these changes, the bending actually took him and I 5-10 minutes... I just have to find the time to cut, fit, and weld the ends on and the lower box will be done.. I will start a build thread as I get sometime to work on it.. I have things all planned out, just needing time..

I look forward to your trailer build!

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
Sorry for no follow up on build tread. It Looks like I might be moving across country and I need to flog some stuff. Anyone want one of these? I have two and one fully welding frame that goes under it. One of the "boxes" has the ends welded on the other has the end but needs to be welded on. Great start for a trailer.

$450 for the one welded
$400 for the one not welded
$125 for the frame 2x4 tube nice and burly

I have not posted on KSL yet.

I also have a M101 axle for FREE that another RME guy gave me but it is not wide enough.

Call me at 801-641-1666