New goodyear mtr

pELYgroso

'Merica
doesn't look all that aggressive. but if they're going for an in between to something like the bfg a/t and the orig. MTR, it may have it's place.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hmm, I don't love it, but it kind of fits in the middle of an AT and an MT which could be cool for expedition and long range type wheelin.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Well, its already been proved that an off-road tire doesn't need to have a "directional" pattern to work well, so whats the point? Unless, they want to keep the kid running the tire machine guessing at the correct mounting or give their customers a 50% chance of running their spare tire backwards, I don't get it.

TimB

Homesick
I don't like. I bet they make more noise than the old MT/R's, and they are loud. Also look about as lousy for mud/snow/ice driving. I like my MT/R's but will probably look for something more versitile next time.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
They appear to be asymmetrical, not directional. The voids look smaller than the old tire but, you never know. The last tire did surprisingly well for a MT in everything but mud. The MTR wore like *ss and were noisy as well.

On the plus side, they will come in a 42" and won't require 20s like the BFG.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
That pattern looks like they'd need a different tire for the driver and passenger side though, doesn't it?

It sure seems like it. Goodyear says non-directional, but white letter side out. Kinda like Yoko Geolander MTs -_-

there's a couple of guys running them on some other boards and seem to like them. I agree about the looks, kind of funky. I've been known to change my mind.......

Hell, actually been considering running some 43" SXs if interco ever gets around to making them:greg:

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496130
file.php

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
GOAT said:
It sure seems like it. Goodyear says non-directional, but white letter side out. Kinda like Yoko Geolander MTs -_-

there's a couple of guys running them on some other boards and seem to like them. I agree about the looks, kind of funky. I've been known to change my mind.......

Hell, actually been considering running some 43" SXs if interco ever gets around to making them:greg:

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496130
file.php

Apparently the XJ doesn't like them & was trying to remove 'em?? :rofl:

Bart

Not positive, but think that was in Johnson Valley a couple weeks ago.

On another note, I'd run them if they gave me a set. Always liked the old MTRs for my road rigs.