new guy at OSRC

Boober

I'm gonna try rock crawling in my dads 96 cherokee sport at OSRC this year. I've never tried but my dad says go for it and I'm looking for any advice on pretty much everything. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance. Hope to have a great time and keep it rubber side down.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You should have come over to the show on Saturday, you would have learned a lot. Study the rules, and most importantly make sure you have all the required safety equipment to pass tech inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig S

Commando
I'm gonna try rock crawling in my dads 96 cherokee sport at OSRC this year. I've never tried but my dad says go for it and I'm looking for any advice on pretty much everything. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance. Hope to have a great time and keep it rubber side down.

Hi welcome to the sport! Please let me know how I can help.

Boober

Hi welcome to the sport! Please let me know how I can help.
Will I need a spotter? Guess I need to learn all the basics been watching lots of videos of theOSRC on youtube. what about tire psi? I am gonna go look at the rock park and see if I wuss out,( I've got more courage than brains). I think I'm good on tech when I get a fire extinguisher. Just find my helmet also

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Will I need a spotter? Guess I need to learn all the basics been watching lots of videos of theOSRC on youtube. what about tire psi? I am gonna go look at the rock park and see if I wuss out,( I've got more courage than brains). I think I'm good on tech when I get a fire extinguisher. Just find my helmet also

So you mentioned you are running an XJ and they are a great rig for the stock class, First things first.... you NEED rock sliders or you will destroy your rockers by the end of the first day. post up some pictures or a list of mods so we can help you out...

What lockers are you running, what size tire, axles??? etc

maveric

Crawler Collecter

And yes, you will need a spotter. I am sure there are people there that would be willing to spot for you in a pinch, but if you have someone you trust that is willing to do it for you, they would be best. You have to trust your spotter, since they can see things that you can't. The stock lines aren't too difficult, and are perfect for introducing someone to the sport.

Boober

So you mentioned you are running an XJ and they are a great rig for the stock class, First things first.... you NEED rock sliders or you will destroy your rockers by the end of the first day. post up some pictures or a list of mods so we can help you out...

What lockers are you running, what size tire, axles??? etc
The rear axle has 4:11 gears, the front ? Not positive on the rear I need to put it on the hoist. It has air lockers on the front is all I know, with 35" tires

EB101

I think a roll bar was required last year but it doesn't look like it is for this year. A funny story.. Several years ago my friends said "come out, bring your Bronco and compete, you'll have a blast". Well, I showed up just before the start on opening morning, they rushed me through tech, gave a number, had the drivers meeting, and then I turned around really got to see the course for the first time. "Holy Sh**, what am I doing?", I thought to myself. So I went on to have a blast. I've had a few close calls on the course since then, put a few dents and dings in my rig out there too. But I've had a blast out there and will be back this year too. Street/Stock is a fun class to be in, the whole event is a blast.

Do expect to find any weak link in your rig.

-Steve

Craig S

Commando

You will need a spotter to help you. However, a spotter is not required by the rules.

Boober

I think a roll bar was required last year but it doesn't look like it is for this year. A funny story.. Several years ago my friends said "come out, bring your Bronco and compete, you'll have a blast". Well, I showed up just before the start on opening morning, they rushed me through tech, gave a number, had the drivers meeting, and then I turned around really got to see the course for the first time. "Holy Sh**, what am I doing?", I thought to myself. So I went on to have a blast. I've had a few close calls on the course since then, put a few dents and dings in my rig out there too. But I've had a blast out there and will be back this year too. Street/Stock is a fun class to be in, the whole event is a blast.

Do expect to find any weak link in your rig.

-Steve
I went and looked at the proving grounds, that place is intimidating but you can't measure success without failure right. Hopefully my rollbar is done, a little extra safety is worth it. pretty sure the weakest link is me, gonna have my fifteen year old son try and spot for me hope to see you there