New Project Truck!

I decided not to SAS my little 4runner and keep it stock for a DD.. So I bought a project truck this weekend... 81 Toy Pickup.. Needs a lot of work but should be a fun project to work on!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I can hear the cry of the SAWZALL off in the distance.....:) it is coming soon!!!

I don't know what it is about cutting off sheetmetal but that was the first thing I did on my long term project buggy....

$500... (minus the tires) I have all the engine parts (it was apart to have some head work done) and hopefully it will run after we put it together next weekend. There is a lot of stuff that just needs to be put back together on it and it should at least be in semi rolling condition... :)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Dude,
that's a great start for a trail rig. Nothing better than a dedicated trail ride. And, If you've got something to tow it with, you don't have to worry so much about breaking it!!

Good luck, and keep us posted on the updates.

is it gonna be ready for EJS???

Originally posted by BlackSheep
Dude,
that's a great start for a trail rig. Nothing better than a dedicated trail ride. And, If you've got something to tow it with, you don't have to worry so much about breaking it!!

Good luck, and keep us posted on the updates.

is it gonna be ready for EJS???

Unfortunately I don't have anything to tow it with so it's going to have to be road-drivable. Probably won't have it ready for EJS or Yotafari... It's going to be a SLOW buildup. :D Money is super tight during school semesters.. I just happen to get a little extra bonus money so I decided to at least buy something that I can work on in the future.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
time to build a junk yard suspention eh...... just start buying used parts and vwalla. just look at my piece... :) I'm june

Originally posted by Greg
Not bad!! Are those 35" Boggers?

Yeah.. But they arent included, just on there to move it around..

Originally posted by Skytone
time to build a junk yard suspention eh...... just start buying used parts and vwalla. just look at my piece... I'm june

I don't think I am going to mess with the suspension.. It's one of the only good parts on the truck :D It's got Alcans on the front and some sort of toyota/ford (i think) combo on the back.. Supposedly it already has tons of flex.. Might have to do a little cutting or body lift to clear tires but we will see.. :)