New project

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
All right here we go. My wife wanted a second gen 4runner, so we found one that she liked. Just like all the rest, BLOWN HEAD GASKET. Thats ok, we were planning an engine swap. So heres the list.
1995 4runner $600.00
1996 3.4 $812.06
1996 Comp & misc wiring $30.00
2" Body lift $189.69
Mass Air flow Meter $53.00
More misc wires and tube to make an air intake $9.39

So far;

Attachments

• Julies Yota 001.jpg
    Julies Yota 001.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12
  • Julies Yota 002.jpg
    Julies Yota 002.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Julies Yota 003.jpg
    Julies Yota 003.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 13
  • Julies Yota 004.jpg
    Julies Yota 004.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Julies Yota 005.jpg
    Julies Yota 005.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Julies Yota 006.jpg
    Julies Yota 006.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9
  • Julies Yota 007.jpg
    Julies Yota 007.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Julies Yota 008.jpg
    Julies Yota 008.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
So this will be done by like Friday I'm taking it? Can you own a 4runner that has the same color paint on all body panels?

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Yes its a 95'. I was thinking of the motor and parts i have collected. No Bear, it wont be done by friday. No the panels dont match...lol. Rick, i would say its more like grey. Thanks for all your warm thoughts and support. My door is allways open and the beer is cold!!!
Dwayne :rofl:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Love it, can't beat a 2nd gen 4runner, so when you swap the 3.4 let me know what you needed i'm planning maybe on the same swap in my 1991, you know adapters new mounts or what ever

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
MattL, I got it from All Truck on 500 west and 3300 south.
146,000 on it with a 60 day warranty. I thought it was better than waisting my time and rebuilding the 3.slow.
I have a 22re in my garage that i have to rebuild for a friend then i can get to work on it. Bear, might have the 22re done this weekend! LOL

Last edited:

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Worked on the 4runner sunday, got the engine ready to pull. The wiring was a pain in the A**. Chasing wires from the engine bay to the comp to the trans just to get them sepperated to pull the motor. Blending the two harnesses is going to be a challenge :p. Maybe tomorrow i can get the motor pulled and start the engine bay clean up. What a mess.:rofl:

Attachments

• Julies Yota 009.jpg
    Julies Yota 009.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Julies Yota 010.jpg
    Julies Yota 010.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Julies Yota 011.jpg
    Julies Yota 011.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 4

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
No one said it would be easy just worth it

Well what you expect:confused:, a few easy wires and some mounts it's not a 60's chevy....thank goodness:greg:

4554x4

always modifing something
Anyone that can change a turbo 350 in two hours ought to have this running in a weekend! will the engine fit under the hood, our will it stick out some like the Toyota that was on the Maze?

Last edited:

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
without a body lift it would stick out, but since its going to be my wifes DD i got a 2" body lift for it. Your thoughts on 60's chevy's, I own a few of them and love them. They have a purpose and serve it well. Tech is a good thing, but its also a set back at times. Burn some points out goofing around, sand them and away you go. Fry a ign module and you shit out of luke without another. Its all good. No it wont be done in a weekend....LOL between my work schedule and othe r commitments, it might take a little longer.:rofl:
Dwayne

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Ok, its been awile and alot has gone on in my little part of the world. I have started working on this again. I got the motor mounts changed along with the oil sending unit, oil pan, baffle, pick up tube, dip stick and alt. Got my exhaust cross over built. Now the motor is in the engine bay. It looks as if i can cut a few of the stiffners out of the hood i might be able to do it without the body lift. Since im off work waiting for surgery i took the day to look up the wiring diags for both the 95 runner and the 96 motor. Got alot of studying to do.:eek: thats how im going to look after its done...lol. Post some pics later.
Dwayne