new rig old member

Coco

That thing will be SICK when it is done! That pinion angle on the rear is crazy though!:eek: Hope that isn't going to stay...Unless my eyes are deceaving me...again

KToy

its only up liike that to put a seal in then its rotating down for the driveline
then the perches are getting welded on.

KToy

steering is done brakes almost done and then the front driveline. i shoudl drive it out of the shop tomorow and finish it up sunday or tuesday and go test it next weekend.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
What size are those tires and what backspacing on rims. What height and brand springs did you use, also any updated pics?

KToy

42 iroks, they are 17X9 with 3.5 backspaceing 89 bucks a rim at 4wheel parts.

i used chevy zr2 rear springs for the rear on top of a d60

front i used 91 toy rears and i used the t100 rears up front hybrid pack

i used d60 front axle as well and im using 14 inch bilstein shocks

as for updated pics im going to moab the 26th through the 29th

and here a few poser pics

l_cbd8854d63a7a82581e7085b9b6932df.jpg

l_e21a0f8f3bf36d24374fea172145c443.jpg

KToy

my truck an orange 4runner and a newly done tube buggy and a tubed out willys thats green.

and u might see us there thursday afternoon.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
holy cow.. Is that the truck (stock)you came down to my place in Ephraim to get the frame? thats cool... Is the tubed out green willys the one you got the frame for? just curious if so and how it worked out.

KToy

the green willys has your frame under it. the truck we came down in was a tundra and i sold that. the t100 i bought wrecked for 1500 bucks and thats how it sits now. i need a hood a grill and the lights to make it look a lil normal again. the frame worked great but he chopped most of it off.

KToy

its 130 inch wheel base which i know is long but the cab is a lot bigger than a 3rd gen toyota truck which i didnt know i would encounter. i could shorten it to like 125 if i wanted but i dont think ill gain anything by doing it except lose my bed from shortening the wheel base.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
130'' will be interesting, You might really like it. If not you can always change it. I ran mine at 125'' for a couple years & then brought it back in to 122'', I didnt really notice a difference. The nice thing is the extra room in the cab, Im sure youl love that.

KToy

ya btw i like your rig alot goose reminds me of my old one. and yes i loved the extra room when i went to moab. it has a 2 inch body lift which sorta sucks but i need the 3 inch to put my flat belly pan on for my transmission so ill be doing that next. if i dont like the wheel base ill be bringing it forward when i do air shox and 4 link in the rear.

i moved the front axle forward 6 inches so i could clear the 42's and thats why its such a long wheel base as well.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
seems like whaterver ya do theres always a give and take. have you wheeled on the 42''IROKS? Ive had mine on for a couple yrs now, I like the 42'S quite a bit. (I once said Id never go bigger than 33's)

KToy

well you have to start somewhere and my original crawler was my dd and i drove it everywhere.

Attachments

• moab1.JPG
    moab1.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 33

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
49's would be sweet. theyd probably fit the wheelbase perfect. (the bigger the better)
I'd have to make some serious mods to my front end to fit meats that big.
I cant Imagine the traction.