New Sci-fi series Sanctuary

jgb

Has anybody watched the new Sci-fi series Sanctuary?

I thought it was OK. Will have to see where it goes.

Last edited:

jgb

Amanda Tapping (Col Samantha Carter on Star Gate) is a 157 year old "mutant" who has a "sanctuary" for other "mutants". I take it from the opener that there will be good ones and bad ones. Some are serious mutants and some are human with special "abilities".

Think X-Men + The 4400 + a bit of Heroes

And speaking of Heroes, this is starting to be as convoluted as Lost.

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Not to pick nits, but it's not new... the entire thing has already aired on the internets. It's a decent show. It was made entirely on green screen.... and was made exclusively for distribution on the internet, first show to do that.... then Sci Fi picked it up, I think they are already filming season 2

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Not to pick nits, but it's not new... the entire thing has already aired on the internets. It's a decent show. It was made entirely on green screen.... and was made exclusively for distribution on the internet, first show to do that.... then Sci Fi picked it up, I think they are already filming season 2

Sorta.....but not quite

From Wiki:
The series is produced by Stage 3 Media based in Vancouver, British Columbia, located in Canada, founded in 2006. The webisodes were filmed from January 3 to January 31, 2007 at Bridge Studios.[3] Sanctuary is filmed almost entirely using the green screen technique. Unlike many other shows, elaborate sets are not built for the scenes to be filmed; instead, they are created using CGI technology. Production on the television version of Sanctuary began in early 2008, with a reshooting of the pilot episode, "Sanctuary for All".