New Shop

rrefx

After seeing the price of buying storage containers, we've decided to finally just build our shop. We've been working towards this a long time, and are getting excited. Hopefully we will build it come summer, and now just need to figure out the route we want to take. This will just be our personal shop in the back yard, and don't want it to have to huge of a price tag, but we have a lot of room, and need a lot of shop as well.

I was wondering if any of you have used Miracle Truss buildings before?

http://www.miracletruss.com/welcome.html

We are planning on a 2 story building, about 60' x 40'. Out of the places we've checked out, we've liked the feel of these guys the best, but I could use some input. Anyone out there do the same thing but locally? Anyone put up a building like this and have any comments? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ryan

rrefx

Their prices were definately a factor, I also like that they don't look like the standerd cheap steel buildings. This is going up in my back yard, and I want it to be a positive point rather than a rusty blemish in years to come. It'll be a process, but when all is said and done, I'll update on how things went.

R

rockdog

I didn't spend a long time on their site. But I think you could do a pole shed type building quite cheap. Thats what I did at my place in Lindon. I'd also check with PG city to make sure first what they will allow. You might find they won't allow that big of building. I know in Lindon they had rules pertaining to out buildings I had to go by.

Caleb

rockdog said:
I didn't spend a long time on their site. But I think you could do a pole shed type building quite cheap. Thats what I did at my place in Lindon. I'd also check with PG city to make sure first what they will allow. You might find they won't allow that big of building. I know in Lindon they had rules pertaining to out buildings I had to go by.
pole barns are best left to the farm, IMO :D

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Supergper said:
pole barns are best left to the farm, IMO :D
Before I left Vancouver, a friend of mine built a pole barn house/shop. All down stairs is shop, all up stairs is house. Damn thing's nicer than the house I currently live in. Nothing wrong with a properly built/finished pole barn.

Caleb

TRNDRVR said:
Before I left Vancouver, a friend of mine built a pole barn house/shop. All down stairs is shop, all up stairs is house. Damn thing's nicer than the house I currently live in. Nothing wrong with a properly built/finished pole barn.

he was talking about building a pole barn cheaper than the link above. Look at the prices, you wont get much for cheaper than those prices. $11,000 for a 36x30 shop with three garage doors that are all 9'x8'. A true pole barn is no where near the quality of living quarters I would ever want myself or my family living in.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Supergper said:
he was talking about building a pole barn cheaper than the link above. Look at the prices, you wont get much for cheaper than those prices. $11,000 for a 36x30 shop with three garage doors that are all 9'x8'. A true pole barn is no where near the quality of living quarters I would ever want myself or my family living in.

Keep in mind those prices won't include the garage doors, or the ends of the building. At least, my father-in-law's building was that way--his is 40x80, and IIRC was around $14K. That's the trusses, and the sheeting. He had to put down the pad/foundation, frame and fill the ends of the building, and install the garage doors.

rrefx

"Building Package includes three- 9 X 8 Overhead doors, Trusses, Roofing Front & Rear Endwalls, Sheeting, Trim, Hardware and complete assembly instructions. Color Selection for sheeting, roof and trim can be chosen at time of purchase."

Of course, there's still the concrete work, power, plumbing, heating, gas, insulation, and who knows what else.

Still looks like a good deal.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
rrefx said:
"Building Package includes three- 9 X 8 Overhead doors, Trusses, Roofing Front & Rear Endwalls, Sheeting, Trim, Hardware and complete assembly instructions. Color Selection for sheeting, roof and trim can be chosen at time of purchase."

Of course, there's still the concrete work, power, plumbing, heating, gas, insulation, and who knows what else.

Still looks like a good deal.

Wow...pretty impressive!

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Have you gotten a brochure r prices from them yet? Has anyone done a cinder block building? If so whats the cost difference? I would guess nowadays with sement the price its at it wouldnt be very economical.