New (to me) bike!

pELYgroso

'Merica
just picked up a cleeeeean '94 WR 250 yesterday! I've been looking for a good 2 stroke trail bike w/ a wide range transmission, mostly at KDX's because they're available, but when this gem popped up on KSL I had to bite! I'll get pics later! I went to moab riding with a few buddies last summer and they both had older 2 stroke WR 250's and those bikes just dominated out there! I was on my '04 kx250f that's geared down and really built, and those guys made the trails look easy, and I'm probably a better rider than them!

Anyways, I'm stoked!

rholbrook

My father-in-law (62yrs old) has one of these and loves it. He goes everywhere we do and keeps up. He now wants to put a Revlock D-ring Auto Clutch in it. Maybe I have done a bad thing by putting one in my WR450 and letting people ride it.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Sweet! :greg:

Turbohaulic and I ride together several times every week and he has the 92 WR250 and also a 92 WR500 that is in mint condition. Imo the WR250 was one of the best two stroke dirt bikes ever made I really think you will fall in love with it. They are a huge jump in performance compared to the KDX and the wide ratio is amazing. Its a shame Yamaha cut them from the lineup in 97 (stupid California emissions :mad:). My ATK is a cross country wide ratio as well and they just do so much more on the trail or in the desert than the bikes that are designed for closed course motocross racing.

You might find the fuel tank to be HUGE and in the way. You can use a similar year YZ desert tank and YZ seat and gain almost 5 inches of room up front while being able to have the same amount of fuel capacity--it makes a huge improvement in ergos.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I just took the bike for a shake down ride yesterday and I love it! It out performs my built '04 kx250f by a long shot! So torquey! climbs technical hills like a goat, and I didn't find a stretch long enough to even get into 5th! 4th was insane fast!

here are some pics

Attachments

• wr 1.jpg
    wr 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 19
  • wr 5.jpg
    wr 5.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 15
  • wr 6.jpg
    wr 6.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 16