New to the forum

etbadger

Hello,

Settled down in SLC about two years ago after a few years on the road. Starting to tear into our vehicle for a re-build and ran across the forum on various searches for local parts.

We have an '05 Ford E350 4x4'd by Sportsmobile, and then modified quite a bit by ourselves. Spent a couple years living in it as we traveled about the states and Canada. Probably not the vehicle I would pick if starting over, but we have it now and its family.

Since we moved to Utah we figured we had to make a couple kids, but we are about done with that and ready to get back out on the trails more in the coming year.

Here's the beast:
Sportsmobile%20Front%20Left.jpg

There are more details on it at our website http://www.badgertrek.com and also our travels if anyone is interested.

Hope to meet some of you folks as we get out more.

-Erik Badger

Last edited:

etbadger

Welcome Erik, I think we met over breakfast a year or so ago when Scott B. was in town?

Yep, we were there for breakfast when he was up picking up his new Landrover.

We kind-of disappeared from the online forums, like ExpeditionPortal, as we got our butts kicked by the baby. We still get out in the van, but nothing interesting enough to post up to a forum, and its rather depressing to read about others' adventures when we are feeling so pinned down.

Living for a week or two in a van with a collicky baby is an adventure, but more in terms of figuring out how many earplugs you can jam into your ears :ugh:.

-e

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
That's rad. When I was a kid we drove all over the country in a VW Syncro van. That thing was surprisingly capable, and made for many adventures. It looks like you're similarly outfitted, but undoubtedly much more capable. Welcome!

I've got a 3 year old and a 17 month old myself, so I know what you mean about being stuck near home for a while. I'm just starting to get out again too.

Mug

PHORmerly
We still get out in the van, but nothing interesting enough to post up to a forum...

-e

You'd be surprised what we like to hear about. If you take a back road to get to the grocery store, you better take pictures and do a write up! :D

Welcome home.