New to Utah (Draper)

hoxviii

Ford-natic
Well, my name is Justin and I'm new to Utah. I wound up at this forum while looking for trail maps for American Fork Canyon. I'm looking to do some pretty basic trail riding, just in the 3-3 1/2 range as I have a pretty mild setup with me.

My last truck was a solid setup, but it got stolen and wrecked so now I have to start all over with effectively no funding.

I'm running a 1986 F-150, 300-6, NP435, twin stick 205, 3.5's, and a set of 31 A/T's. About the only thing I'm looking to actively change is to lock one of the axles in.

I'm also looking into U4WD. I've always been big on helping with trail projects and such, so I figure might as well give it a shot out here as well.

Justin

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Welcome to Utah. Hopefully you'll find this forum helpful and meet some good people. U4WDA is a great way to get involved and watch out for projects as the year goes on!

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
Glad to see another FORD Lover. Slowly we will take over the world. Then we can remove all the pavement Let me know if we can help you out with a locker. Dustin

hoxviii

Ford-natic
Well it's good to see so many people so open to new people. I'm really looking forward to being able to meet everyone and figure out the scene around here.

I looked at the U4WD web site and it says the next thing is a meeting on the 26th (i beleive, may have been the 24th. . . ). Anyway, just seeing if there's any stuff before then.

I'll be honest, I've been here about 3 weeks and not being around like minded people is driving me beserk. I had to change a wheel bearing a week ago and I had 6 people watching me since they'd never seen someone outside of a shop work on a vehicle :ugh:

And locker wise, ideally I'm looking to do a drop in on the 44 or the 8.8. I had to rebuild the front end about 6 months ago when I swapped it in (funny story, the truck was a 302 AOD 4x2 when I bought it), but funds were short at that point in time so now I can't justify a full case.
Then since it's a DD I can't really have the downtime of putting a full case out back. Add to that, I don't know which 8.8 I have. It's a mid year 86 so it could have the 3/4 or 7/8 cross pin.

Ahh, good times, right? :D

Justin

hoxviii

Ford-natic
It's the stock 8.8 for a 1986 F-150, so it's drum brake and 5 on 5.5, but it's a mid to late 86 which is why I'm not sure which pin it has.

I really need to just pull the cover and see what's in there. the fluid is really nice and blue when I check it, so I don't know if the fluid was changed right before I bought it or if the axle has been gone through. If it's been gone through I don't know what was or wasn't replaced.

No idea how many miles are on the truck, the ODO reads 50K, but it's on a minimum of it's third motor. When I bought it there was a roller 302HO in it with 4 rods hanging out the bottom of the block. So it's had a 302 truck, a 302HO, and now a 300.

Come to think of it, the rear end is the only part of the truck that i don't know the history of.

Justin