New trail in Moab!

sukaB

Banned
Von, Hey bruda can you grab thos epics and put them up? Your better with pics than I am see if you can get them from Lee's e-mail and post them on here for some to see.
Big B
Hey check the 4x4 discussion area (toy's and von) and reply butt munch---and also check the trip forum.
If your not going to read and reply then I will have to quite inviting you........;)

Vonski

nothing to see here...
This is the only Coyote Canyon pic that I've seen so far and it's pretty damn lame. More soon to come....

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
Yah that one sucks, We'll see what other pics Lee has.
Thanks though
Butt munch thing was just to get your attention i thought you left town.
Going down to Cedar this weekend?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
OK, pics have finally surfaced! The trail looks pretty tame in pictures, but trust me, it will exceed the capabilities of most rigs. Both rigs completed the trail with no breakage. The only problems we had (other than a sudden down pour halfway through) was a leaky beadlock rim on my Toyota resulting in a blown inner bead.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Geeezzzz guys! That looks like a killer trail! So, is it more of a Super-Technical, Big Boulder trail on flat ground? (Like the Helldorados, if you had something to compare it to.)

What are the most difficult parts about it, the Body Damage factor?

How long is it and how much time did you spend on it?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Greg
Geeezzzz guys! That looks like a killer trail! So, is it more of a Super-Technical, Big Boulder trail on flat ground? (Like the Helldorados, if you had something to compare it to.)

What are the most difficult parts about it, the Body Damage factor?

How long is it and how much time did you spend on it?

First off, we were dealing with some issues. We weren't 100% sure the trail could be run in it's entirety (since nobody had) and it rained on us half way through for about an hour making the rocks wet. Anyway, It's a fairly technical boulder crawling on an incline trail. I'd guess the length is about 1/2 mile. You're climing up a canyon, so all obstacles are up hill. A flop or rollover is possible, but not likely if careful. Body damage will most definitely occur without protection. Nerfs are mandatory, and external tubing/protection is nice, but not absolutely neccessary. Ground clearance is your friend. 38's seem to work OK, and 35's on a shorter wheel base rig should work as well. I highly recommend a winch in case of real trouble. This trail also likes to get you bound up, so axle shafts can be at risk (Toyota guys: no stock birfields). We were there for 12 hours. Next time, we could probably get through it in just 3 or less if no problems (or rain) occur. Brandon may have his own opinion of this, so spill it Sucka! :D

sukaB

Banned
Those Kentucky guys sure can snap a shot eehh...
Sorry been down in Cedar letting jeeps run over me and such.
I'm lucky I'm still walking!!!!!
No Von, I do agree the trail would probably take us about three hours now after we know what to expect,we also had a lot of fun and the rain and darkness helped slow the travel rate substantually.
Super birs and 35 spline shafts are recommended.. It reminded me of Montrose-I love it.
The winch will be needed not so much as aid for forward travel but you will need it to move your rear end out of an axle snapper,The pic of me that's from over my head-rear driver shaft.
There is also two different extremely difficult options at the top that I could not even think about attemting in the dark or more so the potential flash flood that proceeded to kick our cans.....
It's a fun trail though.
We will be back soon
Watch out for Coyote's..........................:eek: