New wheel,tires. and SAS questions

864runner

I know I'm your hero
0718091648.jpg

So i got a good deal on some 33/12.50R15's so i decided to throw them on. they are pretty bald but i dont drive it very much so its ok.

I'm going to pocatello for work in the middle of august and i would like to do a SAS and a 4" lift before i go so i can drive this thing there.

So my question is, what kit is the best? I've got my eye on the Trail-Gear but i'm open to suggestions, and i need to find a good axle.

Thanks

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Cool runner :cool: There are a lot of options for a sas. Any of the big name companies offer great kits I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Rears springs up front and GM 63's in the rear is an option if you have more time than money.

Anyway I have a complete front axle and (if I can find it) an extra r&p for the rear. It's geared at 4.37 so that would match your tire size quite well... PM me if your interested.

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
Yea the trail gear, allpro and marlin kits are the best way to go. They use a longer spring so it isn't as arched and will be a lot more flexy. I used the super cheapo rough country springs when I did mine and I bend a spring about every time I go out. I wish I would have shelled out for one of the good kits from the get go.

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Cool runner :cool: There are a lot of options for a sas. Any of the big name companies offer great kits I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Rears springs up front and GM 63's in the rear is an option if you have more time than money.

Anyway I have a complete front axle and (if I can find it) an extra r&p for the rear. It's geared at 4.37 so that would match your tire size quite well... PM me if your interested.

PM sent, thanks

Yea the trail gear, allpro and marlin kits are the best way to go. They use a longer spring so it isn't as arched and will be a lot more flexy. I used the super cheapo rough country springs when I did mine and I bend a spring about every time I go out. I wish I would have shelled out for one of the good kits from the get go.

Yeah i think I'm gonna go with the Trail-Gear kit. Anyone know a reputable vendor in the SLC area?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Hey Eric!

You could call my buddies up in Idaho Falls at their shop. Tell them your my bro and they will treat you right. Eric up there has done A LOT of SAS on Toyota's

Casper Customs 208 745 0283

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Hey Eric!

You could call my buddies up in Idaho Falls at their shop. Tell them your my bro and they will treat you right. Eric up there has done A LOT of SAS on Toyota's

Casper Customs 208 745 0283

Thanks Ches but I'm not looking for someone to do the work (since your gonna come down and help me :p)

I'm just looking for parts so i can start on it and hopefully be able to get it done before i start the hospital in Pocatello.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
they can order the parts for you and have them shipped to your house. I was letting you know Eric has done it a bunch so he knows what works good and what doesnt

I dont think you can afford my help.....lol