New Years at Mini Moab

smashmetal

It was my first trip to Lil Moab and my first time playing on snow cover rocks. Made for a challanging yet fun time! The way mikes rig looked I thought that his seasoned buggy would have no problems. But a busted U-joint on the Rt axle put him out for the day.
Glad that Wyan and his crew showed up!

Almost the first stuck of the day.
IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

Opp's, Stupid dana 60 joints
IMG_4794.jpg

pulled back to the trailer.
IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

Afternoon poser shots.
IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

4554x4

always modifing something
Awesome 4runner

Man that is a cool 4runner, very well built. Smashmetal could easily get a job at a 4wd custom shop. What a POS Blazer though. Do they get any uglier? Who let him go there? Very out classed around the early Bronco (EB101) and 4 Runner (Smashmetal).
This was the first trip out with the Blazer after the Doubler install. Wow, what a difference lower gears makes!

4554x4

always modifing something
Next time

Sweet Pics Blair! So apparently I'm the worst rovkcrawler ever, no surprise...

Too bad you broke before we could wheel together! That is my trick! Last time at little moab we ran for 15 minutes before the in tank fuel pump hose came off the pipe. this is the first time I drove back onto the trailer under my own power! Seems weird....

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Nice pictures, it looks like a good time.

Maverick and I went out to the Snakes yesterday and we were debating on going to Little Moab. Oh man, that Freakshow II truck is a bad machine.

smashmetal

Man that is a cool 4runner, very well built. Smashmetal could easily get a job at a 4wd custom shop. What a POS Blazer though. Do they get any uglier? Who let him go there? Very out classed around the early Bronco (EB101) and 4 Runner (Smashmetal).
This was the first trip out with the Blazer after the Doubler install. Wow, what a difference lower gears makes!

Ahhh, don't bag on the blazer too much. It will evolve over time, I was able to build the runner with the lesons I learned from my old blazer!
It looks good spitten snow!
IMG_4849.jpg

smashmetal

Nice pictures, it looks like a good time.

Maverick and I went out to the Snakes yesterday and we were debating on going to Little Moab. Oh man, that Freakshow II truck is a bad machine.

When I meet up with mike (maquet24) at the Cheveron there was a parking-lot full of other rigs there. They where all headed to the snakes, Mike figured it would be an all day adventure following a bunch of stock rigs up a snow covered trail.
Besides i had never been to Mini Moab and what better time than with a bunch of snow on it!

How busy was the snakes anyway?

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
When I meet up with mike (maquet24) at the Cheveron there was a parking-lot full of other rigs there. They where all headed to the snakes, Mike figured it would be an all day adventure following a bunch of stock rigs up a snow covered trail.
Besides i had never been to Mini Moab and what better time than with a bunch of snow on it!

How busy was the snakes anyway?

I think we got to the Chevron just after the first group left. We went to some other snow covered trail, pulled a couple rigs out and goofed around a bit before going to the Snakes. Once we were to the top of Rattlesnake we saw about 15 Jeeps and Suzukis coming down.

smashmetal

Looks like fun, I wish I could of came out and played. Did Molly let you drive at all? I guess you need another rig now.

She loves getting in the drivers seat! just a hint for you fellas, just let your wife of girl friend drive over a couple of obsticals and you'll raraly get told no when you wanna go wheelen. You'll also have a hard time getting back behind the wheel too.
IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

Of course it gives me the oppertunity to get more pic's! and to also see that my motor mounts are about to let loose. I guess low gears big tires and stock motor mounts arn't going to cut it. The fan rubbed through the fan shroud due to so much movenent.

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Yes, photoshop is an amazing tool!

Here is a good before and after. It is a little over the top though. I originally just wanted to get the white box out of the background. Although I really didnt know what to do with the sky so it looks funny. (sorry for getting off topic)
DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0435PS1.jpg

Last edited:

maquet24

All in a days work.. I managed to break the inner, outer, and the U joint. I've got a new 35 spline chromo outer I just need to buy the inner, U joint, and drive flange. Probably wont happen before I go to Basic Training though.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Yes, photoshop is an amazing tool!

Here is a good before and after. It is a little over the top though. I originally just wanted to get the white box out of the background. Although I really didnt know what to do with the sky so it looks funny. (sorry for getting off topic)

You put a little to much tinting into it and kind of ruined it....

I'm no expert on Photochop but a quick 5 minutes did this( sorry to keep this a hi-jacked thread) to a picture I had. I lightened it up some ,added a lens flare,and changed some of the tones/highlights to the ski.

Before

After(still a bit grainy from when I had to lighten it)