New Years in Moab....?? who's up for it?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
We are thinking about a trip to Moab over New Years. I already am planning on something and have a couple more people contemplating. dont want to run anything too serious for the fear of snow entrapment. Chime in Folks!

WJL

Sorry but Tuesday the 31st is not a Holiday for me. We only get the 1st off and then it is back to work on the 2nd.
Have a fun time and Happy New Year.

Holidays on Wednesdays are not right.

Last edited:

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Mattvw65 and our other brother might be going, im not sure about me as of yet. If I do go id rather go with spence as my brother ronnie likes to get lost :)

xjc

I give up :(
Originally posted by spencurai
We are thinking about a trip to Moab over New Years. I already am planning on something and have a couple more people contemplating. dont want to run anything too serious for the fear of snow entrapment. Chime in Folks!

Uh, spence, I think you better clear your schedule cuz I think this thing is happening one way or another. :cool: Shal we start making plans?

Who is for camping and who wants to get a room. If youre for getting a room, where do you like to stay.

itbejared

Yup, Its a 'Sploder!
I am just going to get a room... Just probably where we were last time Mark. What was it, the Motel 6?

Who is available what days? and who is leaving when? I have both new years eve and new years day off.

Looks like it is around 40 degrees down there.. (bout perfect) :D

xjc

Ok everyone, youll have a couple days to install your christmas gifts and then its off to test them out :D

I think Ill be in a room as well. It wouldn't bother me to sleep in my rig but the room is a lot nicer and not too spendy. I am not a 100% for this yet. Still have to apply for the kitchen pass. As for when, I have to go back to work on the 2nd but I am off from noon today until then. Whatever anyone wants is good for me.

I just took a little walk out here at promontory. I'm glad its not this cold in moab! Its 17 degrees :eek: with a stiff breaze right now. It got done to ten last night.

Wth this kind of temperature, I wonder if you start having problems with polyurethane bushings. Their so stiff normally that I would think they would be rock hard down near zero. Anyway, if you can go please chime in.

Caleb

Originally posted by xjc

I just took a little walk out here at promontory. I'm glad its not this cold in moab! Its 17 degrees :eek: with a stiff breaze right now. It got done to ten last night.

What do you do at promontory???

Caleb

oh I see...I was just making sure you didnlt work for the enemy (Inve-sp?) another Brine Shrimp Company that owns Promontory Harbor and has the Rights to Little Valley Harbor...

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Id like to go, but room cost would be too much for me, anyone up for splitting a room, any single guys or? I am thinking of bringing a friend. And If I go Ill have to camp as I have no money for a room :p

PM me if anyone wants to camp or split a room and stuff a bunch of people in it.

xjc

It looks like wanker, IBjarred, and I are going and if thats the case we will probably all want half a room which would make room for you little trax. 34 bucks or so for two bodies if I remember right. If you are going to camp that sound kind of apealing depending on my mood. I do hate to pay allot just for a bed when I have a good size rig.

One advantage to not camping is the quicker start in the morning But I can never sleep very late when i'm away from home. So I might as well spend the dark morning packing.

If we do stay at the hotel we could pay for double occupancy and pile 5 guys in one room. Just don't get caught.:rolleyes:

At any rate, don't not come for that reason. We can find somewhere to crash.

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
we need to plan for the party too we are going to party on the trail are we not? I figure we could rig up a stereo and some strobe lights and such. Call it "Trail Rave '02-'03".

So if anybody has some cool lighting things or smoke machines (please, no oil-burning rigs), and some power inverters (contact Luke S. about those) we could have a great time!

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
"If we do stay at the hotel we could pay for double occupancy and pile 5 guys in one room. Just don't get caught. "

Im down with that!

Seriously, Im in lets get this going.

ewander

Gosh, I was thinking about joining in on the fun, until wanker brought up the party with strobe lights idea.....yeah, that's just what I want to do, dance to some disco music with strobe lights and 3 other guys.....as much fun as it sounds like.....

Seriously, I might make it down there. I have the 1st - 4th off (Wed - Sun).