Newbie Motorcycle trip to San rafael swell

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
So a couple of my buddies and I have picked up some dual sport 250cc dirt bikes and want to make a trip to the swell. We are all relatively newer riders and might be having a side by side coming with us. Any suggestions on a trip plan?

rholbrook

What TRD270 said. You could do most of the loop for Devils Race Track. There is one section that climbs up in the sandstone that you may need help with but its fun. You could also do the Blue and Green Trails. I just dont know your ability.

Marsh99

What TRD270 said. You could do most of the loop for Devils Race Track. There is one section that climbs up in the sandstone that you may need help with but its fun. You could also do the Blue and Green Trails. I just dont know your ability.

I don't think we know our abilities yet. We have gone on a couple rides up Willard peak and Lewis peak and had a great time. We just wanted to ride down south without getting in over our heads.

Last edited:

rholbrook

If you have ridden over Willard Peak to Mantua then you could even ride 5 Miles Of Hell. I would suggest you add the Orange Trail to that list. How well does your father ride

Marsh99

If you have ridden over Willard Peak to Mantua then you could even ride 5 Miles Of Hell. I would suggest you add the Orange Trail to that list. How well does your father ride

He hasnt seriously ridden since the 80's and has been looking for a bike he feels comfortable on. He is like 5' 6" and has knee issues.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
The stuff in the swell for the most part is super buff and easy to ride, not a ton of technical stuff

Marsh99

Made it back from the swell tonight. Had a great time running Devils racetrack and exploring the surrounding area.