Newby here in SLC

Hi all im known in the valley as turbo joe , for my turboedo vehicles , im new to the offroad scene im used to going fast not slow , so its gonna be a different kinda experience for me ... i hope to make more and new friends and hope this becomes another chapter of my life ,to mind Im located in SLC , so what comes to mind closest to me is AF canyon and what is offered up there , so if anyone is heading up that direction id like to tag along, also i heard something about a training Day ? interested in that! well anyway hope to hear from ypu guys and gals

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
AF Canyon offers some great wheeling but probably wont be open until Memorial Day like usual. Five mile pass has Rattlesnake and Constrictor Trails. And south of Saratoga Springs is Little Moab which is kind of a small play area with lots of obstacles you can try. Keep an eye out on the upcoming trips section for trips you might want to go on

Check out the training day if you can make it. Look for it in the upcoming trips section under northern Utah. This is an awesome event and a great way to get introduced to the sport.

Most importantly welcome to the site and the sport. There are lots of great people here and lots of great advice. Don't be afraid to ask noob questions we have to learn somewhere and most people here are kind enough to offer up their advice when needed. This is a great community of people we have here.

blznnp

the training day is in a couple weeks, April 20-21, still a good amount of spots left if you want to sign up, its over at miller motor sports park. and welcome.

AF Canyon offers some great wheeling but probably wont be open until Memorial Day like usual. Five mile pass has Rattlesnake and Constrictor Trails. And south of Saratoga Springs is Little Moab which is kind of a small play area with lots of obstacles you can try. Keep an eye out on the upcoming trips section for trips you might want to go on

Check out the training day if you can make it. Look for it in the upcoming trips section under northern Utah. This is an awesome event and a great way to get introduced to the sport.

Most importantly welcome to the site and the sport. There are lots of great people here and lots of great advice. Don't be afraid to ask noob questions we have to learn somewhere and most people here are kind enough to offer up their advice when needed. This is a great community of people we have here.

hey thanks im excited there is more than i thought ill keep my eye on events section for sure

driver920

if you are interested we will be out to little moab tomorrow to get there just go south on redwood road to mile marker 7 (all most to elberta) and turn right on the dirt road go west till you see the big rocks thats where will we be with the toyota and a big red ford on tractor tires

if you are interested we will be out to little moab tomorrow to get there just go south on redwood road to mile marker 7 (all most to elberta) and turn right on the dirt road go west till you see the big rocks thats where will we be with the toyota and a big red ford on tractor tires

hey yeah tomorrow looks to be real sunny , id like to check it out , and at least see where its located for the future , my rig has its current situation, with suspention still drivable just not like i want it , i was hoping to register it after i get all the kinks worked out , but i might be able to make it , .... when do you guys plan on heading out ?

driver920

i will be leaving west jordan at about 9 am i am hard to miss with the camo yoda on the trailer and the big blue dodge i will be running redwood all the way there

ricsrx

Welcome to the site, i have been wheeling for a few years now but i am a total noob to turbos and have lots of questions!!
What rig are you driving?

Welcome to the site, i have been wheeling for a few years now but i am a total noob to turbos and have lots of questions!!
What rig are you driving?
pu
My rig i traded for my racecar, i dont know if anyone knows if you do you can helpha ha , its a 83/84 jeep waggy with full exo cage, the waggy part cut and shortened , sitting on 14bolt locked /np205twinstick/th400/amc401with750cfmholley, to a dana60kingpin, hydrosteer assist arbfront locker , all laced up to some 39s swamppers

im pretty savy with being able to find most what i need ,but bouncing ideas and how things work is what i like to learn from everyone here,Yeah i guess im a guru , but there is always things to learn you know with fluid dynamics and how energy is transfered stuff like that , but yes ask away im always willing to help ! lets me know i can size , build , recommend just shoot and thamks for the welcome ,

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Welcome on behalf of RME and the U4WDA.
Be sure to read all the instructions in "Introductions & using the Forum".

U4WDA believes the four wheeling community is best served by:
1. Education thru the use of classes, pamphlets, and films to teach responsible conservation.
2. Use Auto Dealerships and suppliers for the distribution of information.
3. Support Utah Counties in obtaining Quiet Claims to roads within their jurisdiction.
4. Stays informed and work closely with all Government Agencies and local law enforcement.
5. Where practical uses peer pressure to keep OHV use within the law.
6. Inform local agencies and law enforcement of illegal OHV use.

We promote the following: BRC/UFWDA: National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
USA-All:- Local legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
U4WDA: On the ground actions. Service projects, education, club training, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All, UFWDA & BRC to its member clubs. Require clubs to be members of Usa-All, UFWDA & BRC, tie it into dues.
Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats, jackets, newsletters, raffles, etc. Require membership in U4WDA
Individuals: Join a club and promote responsible use amongst fellow travelers.
BRC:- National legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
Usa-All:- Local legislation, action alerts, lobbying, etc
U4WDA: On the ground actions. Service projects, education, club training, broadcasting the needs of Usa-All & BRC to its member clubs. Require clubs to be members of Usa-All & BRC, tie it into dues.
Member Clubs: Rides, education, hats, jackets, newsletters, raffles, etc. Require membership in U4WDA
Individuals: Join a club and promote responsible use amongst fellow travelers.
http://delalbright.com/index2.html

http://www.sharetrails.org/recreation-toolkit

http://www.nohvcc.org/education/education.asp
http://www.u4wda.org
http://www.usaall.org

sixstringsteve

Welcome! We would love to have you at the training day. Here's the link for it:

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?89497-RME-Quarterly-Training-Day-April-2012

It sounds like your rig is plenty capable. Moab and St. George might be able to offer you some really challenging trails that would put your rig and driving to the test. AF canyon doesn't have much in the way of hardcore crawling, but I"d be happy to play tour guide up there sometime.

Welcome! We would love to have you at the training day. Here's the link for it:

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?89497-RME-Quarterly-Training-Day-April-2012

It sounds like your rig is plenty capable. Moab and St. George might be able to offer you some really challenging trails that would put your rig and driving to the test. AF canyon doesn't have much in the way of hardcore crawling, but I"d be happy to play tour guide up there sometime.

hey thanks for the offer i will take you up on that dont worry , i will , yeah the rig definanty has the usual capable parts but it has it qwerk that i need to square away , well have to get together on posible solutions , since im new to the adventure i havent had the experience on brand recognition to navigate the web , ive been up there before trying to crawl with my turboed subaru justy , yeah that went well ill keep that one in the rallys ,

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Wow--Turbo Joe has joined the 4WD crowd! :)

Good to have you here. We've met, though it has been so long you may not remember me. Keep an eye on this forum, specifically the 'Northern Utah trips' section of the Upcoming Wheelin' Trips subforum. That is the go-to place when you need a buddy to tag along with you, or when you're able to tag along with someone else. Rule #1: never go wheeling alone!

I look forward to hitting a trail or two with you over the summer.

Wow--Turbo Joe has joined the 4WD crowd! :)

Good to have you here. We've met, though it has been so long you may not remember me. Keep an eye on this forum, specifically the 'Northern Utah trips' section of the Upcoming Wheelin' Trips subforum. That is the go-to place when you need a buddy to tag along with you, or when you're able to tag along with someone else. Rule #1: never go wheeling alone!

I look forward to hitting a trail or two with you over the summer.

hahahah nice nice youll have to remind me,for sure , id love to go out the weather has been great , yeah im really excited about , this new SLOW venture , also do you climb ? as well " sherpa " license plate

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
also do you climb ? as well " sherpa " license plate

Nope, not a climber whatsoever. Grassroots Motorsports once called me "the sherpa of the turbo Dodge world" because I graciously helped their editors soup up an Omni GLH Turbo... and I decided that would actually make a great custom plate for a Jeep that sees regular use in the mountains. I've had that plate ever since; it has now graced five different Jeeps.

Nope, not a climber whatsoever. Grassroots Motorsports once called me "the sherpa of the turbo Dodge world" because I graciously helped their editors soup up an Omni GLH Turbo... and I decided that would actually make a great custom plate for a Jeep that sees regular use in the mountains. I've had that plate ever since; it has now graced five different Jeeps.
Nice nice thats a awesome story , super cool , omni is on my list of cars to build, o e of these days ,youll have to help me but I dont want to do the 2.2 I want to stuff a srt4 in one purely for purist purposes ha ha